Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Paul Rankine

Ardhuncart Trout Fishing
« on: 14/05/2008 at 17:12 »
Hi All,
          It would appear that there has been some nonsense being spoken on some "other forum " regarding the provision of trout permits at Ardhuncart due to a new syndicate taking over the fishing . Talk of violation of PO,s , signed petitions to the Scottish Parliament etc, etc. !!!
Talk about over the top reactions by folk with their own axe to grind.
Never let the truth get in the way of a good story eh ?

A red Herring indeed .

The good news is that trout permits will continue to be available .

Phone Davie on 01224 777579. to book . This is his works number and it is the best place to contact him.

Davie is a very genuine guy and a real fisher.
One of the other members of the syndicate works with a friend of mine and he says that you will not find two more dedicated guys when it comes to fishing.

He has no problem dishing out trout tickets and it is only the fine detail he has to get sorted as with all things he has to check out the small print from when the PO was first issued.

I am sure that things will not change at Ardhuncart as he lives locally and it is his local jaunt. He wants to keep things the way they were before the syndicate took over.

Hope this clarifies things for anyone who has been misled by the nonsense.

Paul.

Hamish Young

Re: Ardhuncart Trout Fishing
« Reply #1 on: 14/05/2008 at 17:37 »
Paul,

This is indeed good news - I had heard locally that the Ardhuncart fishings had been syndicated and that Trout tickets would not be offered, sadly the estate factors have yet to get back to me (with my RDBTIA hat on) to confirm what was going on so it is refreshing to hear that worries about the access to trout fishing are unfounded  :cool:

A lot will be happening with the Don in the coming months - as many will know (although nothing official released as yet) we have just formed a River Don Trust which will be working with the Fishery Board and RDBTIA to improve and preserve the river and its habitat. It is my sincere hope that we'll be able to get on with that work and look ahead to the Don of the future (and not the past) without hinderance from scaremongering about the removal of the Protection Order from parts or all of the river.

Sensationalism isn't what's needed at this point, so it is good to know that the 'Ardhuncart file' is of limited concern for all parties.

Thanks for the update  :z16

Hamish

Paul Rankine

« Reply #2 on: 14/05/2008 at 18:23 »
Hi Hamish,
               my pleasure  :wink

Paul.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 14/05/2008 at 23:46 »
Hi Paul
Thanks for the information :z16

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

PS: I've sent you a PM

zeolite

« Reply #4 on: 17/09/2008 at 14:59 »
mmmm

fine details eh?

So what days can you fish for red herrings then? 

Paul Rankine

« Reply #5 on: 18/09/2008 at 15:59 »
Sundays. :wink

Paul.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com