Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

kenny

Sunnglasses
« on: 14/05/2008 at 12:31 »
Hi All
I am thinking of buying a new pair of sunnglasses for fishing, but with all the diffrent colours on the go, i am a wee bit confused as to wot is the best overall colour to buy
any suggestions would be greatfull.

kenny.

kenny

Re: Sunnglasses
« Reply #1 on: 14/05/2008 at 12:34 »
Hi all again
forgot to say diffrent lens colours

kenny.

Hamish Young

« Reply #2 on: 14/05/2008 at 13:30 »
Kenny,

Ahhhh - good question. I suspect you'll get different answers from a few folk   :wink
I personally like sandstone/brown polarised lenses as I think they give me the best all-round use in different light conditions on still and running water, although others may prefer grey or (even black :!) lenses I find the brownish tints are best in UK conditions.
Ofcourse you can get glasses with interchangeable lenses for different lighting conditions which may be worth considering to allow you to find out your own preference.
So long as they have polarised lenses  - it's very much a personal choice  :cool:

Hamish  :z3

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #3 on: 14/05/2008 at 15:13 »
Kenny

I prefer Yellow for almost all UK freshwater fishing. :z12Happy glasses
Vermillion is pretty good too, :z12 Rose tinted

The ones i'm using at the moment are freshwater copper and are brilliant, a good compromise between yellow and light brown.
Great colour transfer and good for looking into the water, would highly reccomend them :z12

Make sure they are really polarised though, some are not, any car window should do, if it looks oily with bands they work :z16

Sandy

Barry Robertson

« Reply #4 on: 14/05/2008 at 16:06 »
How much do you pay for a decent pair just out of intrest!

Jim Doyle

« Reply #5 on: 14/05/2008 at 16:38 »
I have 3 pairs of bolle , try putting a search in for them , good glasses , sandstone or rose , I pay the least I can usually around £50. jim

Hamish Young

« Reply #6 on: 14/05/2008 at 17:39 »
Under £100 and preferably under £50 - I think that's more than enough for a pair of fishing specs  :wink

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #7 on: 15/05/2008 at 07:41 »
I wont pay more than £50 for a pair of specs.
The current ones are guidelines from Sportfish, as good as the best and better than most. :z12

Sandy

goosander

« Reply #8 on: 15/05/2008 at 17:46 »
When in the states i got a pair for 14dollars [about£7.] which are far better than the dear ones i got here

kenny

« Reply #9 on: 16/05/2008 at 19:51 »
Hi All
thanks for all the advice. think i will go for copper lenses as i'm used to brown and copper seems to be a cross between brown and yellow. just have to find a good pair.

cheers
kenny

goosander

« Reply #10 on: 18/05/2008 at 22:22 »
Had a pair of sort of copper coloured glasses which were great for driving when the sun was going down. Used them on the Tay on opening day when it was foggy and it made the day brighter and made one feel warmer. Showed them to Pete and he thought they were great

JIMBOB

« Reply #11 on: 19/05/2008 at 11:32 »
I bought a pair of BLOC from Tissots. £30. Excellent quality for the price and nice wide sides on them.

Tam Greenock

« Reply #12 on: 19/05/2008 at 13:20 »
Get working JIMBOB

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com