Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Noel Kelly

Im afloat
« on: 09/05/2008 at 16:40 »
Just recieved my new shakespeare expedition tube today :grin
Bargain at £100 delivered from www.webtackle.co.uk e bay shop. Will be cristening her on my local lough back in ireland next friday and cant wait to explore all that water i have watched fish rise in but couldnt access.
Noel.

Hamish Young

Re: Im afloat
« Reply #1 on: 09/05/2008 at 17:54 »
Sounds good Noel  :z16

Dont forget to take the camera  :z17

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 10/05/2008 at 00:25 »
Great stuff Noel :z16

Yes, as Hamish said, some photos would be cool :cool:

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

PS: Don't forget, as per Steve Parton instructions: Do not inflate this type of valves with a pump! Always inflate by mouth or you will wreck the valves :z17

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #3 on: 11/05/2008 at 08:54 »
Noel

Fantastic :z16 I know what this actually means so Brilliant :z16 :z16

Bloody good fun aint it :wink

Sandy

Noel Kelly

« Reply #4 on: 11/05/2008 at 09:38 »
Thanks guys
Will def take some pics and stick them up. Fishing Corrib sat and sun so hopefully have something worth posting :z15.
Noel

Fantastic :z16 I know what this actually means so Brilliant :z16 :z16

Bloody good fun aint it :wink

Sandy
Thanks Sandy
Guess what Sandy is referring to is that im a non swimmer and was very slow about taking to the tube. One session at Haddo at the back end last year took care of any concerns.
For anyone thinking about having a go i say go for it, its easy, feels very natural  and as Sandy says its bloody good fun.
Noel.

Gordy66m

« Reply #5 on: 11/05/2008 at 12:27 »
Noel,

Maybe take the tube to Mull next year?

Gordy

Noel Kelly

« Reply #6 on: 11/05/2008 at 21:02 »
Sure will Gordy in fact i think it will be accompaning me most places. Within reason  :z4

Hamish Young

« Reply #7 on: 12/05/2008 at 10:29 »
Guess what Sandy is referring to is that im a non swimmer and was very slow about taking to the tube. One session at Haddo at the back end last year took care of any concerns.
For anyone thinking about having a go i say go for it, its easy, feels very natural  and as Sandy says its bloody good fun.
Noel.

You're not alone Noel, I swim like a lead brick floats  :oops But even in some rough conditions (breaking waves on a hill,loch in Sutherland - focuses the mind I tell thee ;) ) I've always felt 100% safe in a 'tube  :cool:

Must get the leviathan Navigator II out for a session this year - it wasn't out at all last season  :z10

Orkneytroot

« Reply #8 on: 22/05/2008 at 11:43 »
As you can see Noel initially struggled to grasp the main concept of 'float' tubing.  :lol

Once I mentioned that they worked a lot better on the water, rather than beside it, he soon got the hang of it.

Well he managed to go backwards pretty good.  :z16

And after some expert tuition :z12 he bagged his first wild trout from the tube

Well done Noel, I wont mention that you were trolling...  :z4 :z4 :z4

Steve

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com