Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

totally inadequate
« on: 06/05/2008 at 00:56 »
Having read many of the posts on the site on various subjects i feel totally inadequate and know next to nothing about flyfishing but it is really informative reading what you all say

Sandy Nelson

Re: totally inadequate
« Reply #1 on: 06/05/2008 at 06:04 »
If you love fishing  :z12

Thats all you need to know :z16

Most other things are just opinion, just ask the trout yesterday :z6

Sandy

Jim Eddie

« Reply #2 on: 06/05/2008 at 20:05 »
Fish whisper

Its like Sandy alluded to , fishing is a form of enjoyment , not a knowledge contest. You will absorb knowledge by experience over the years.

No one learns it all in a dy and even old hands can still learn somethng new. Some folk will always have more knowledge than others , its the same in all walks of life. Some people have a thirst for knowledge and enjoy the quest (as in the evening rise thread) thats fine , but its not everyones cup of tea.

Its whatever floats your boat , there are no rights and wrongs , as long as you are enjoying what you are doing thats what matters.

:z18

Jim   

Rod Mackay

« Reply #3 on: 06/05/2008 at 20:47 »
Well said Jim and Sandy :z16

Dave Mundie

« Reply #4 on: 07/05/2008 at 17:19 »
It's surprising how quickly you pick things up just by getting out there fishing and speaking with other anglers, I recently took up the sport and was in the same frame of mind but i just go out and have fun now.

Dave

« Reply #5 on: 08/05/2008 at 02:01 »
As Sandy and jim pointed out " its about enjoying yourself "  ive been enjoying myself for nearly 52 years on and off . Started fishing when i was 7 out with my dad on our local canal then moved on to fishing for troot but that was before i discovered the art of flyfishing, and thanks to her indoors i get to enjoy my tuesdays off fishing all day.

Dave Mundie

« Reply #6 on: 08/05/2008 at 17:07 »
All day every Tuesday your a lucky man, i can only but dream   :z12

Dave

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com