Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

Re: How is the Don looking?
« Reply #45 on: 05/06/2008 at 18:33 »
Works the other way m8 - as you're comfortably outside the 25 mile 'coverage' area for membership of the ADAA you can quite legitimately buy a ticket  :wink Nice.

Hamish  :z3

Richard Tong

Re: How is the Don looking?
« Reply #46 on: 06/06/2008 at 13:22 »
Sorry I completely misread this....I thought you had to live within25 miles of Aberdeen! How is it fishing at the moment guys-anyone been out recently?

We are very interested in extending our season on Don which we have curtailed really at the end of May in recent years as we have been told that the big fish are best caught on dries(ie most likely to rise ) between April and May. If there are stretches where given appropriate conditions....usually decent cloud cover and no spates where they can be found feeding during the day from June-September then we would be extremely interested in giving these a go.

I understand that given usual hot summer months the fishing can be phenominal in the last hour or so as it is on most rivers. However given our geographical location it is simply not worth us making the trip to kill time all day only to get 60mins or so from 10-11pm.

Any advice here would be most welcome,

Richard

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com