Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Dave Mundie

Fishing near Portsoy?
« on: 27/04/2008 at 10:35 »
Going to Portsoy for holiday weekend anyone know of any local places to throw a line (or even a worm for the we man) :?

Dave

Jim Eddie

Re: Fishing near Portsoy?
« Reply #1 on: 27/04/2008 at 15:25 »
Dave

You will not be to far from Loch Na Bo which is just outside Lhanbryde , it a great wild Brownie Loch.

Cheers

Jim

Kev Danby

« Reply #2 on: 28/04/2008 at 08:32 »
The loch in Port Soy has coarse fish in it why not give it a go with the wee fella. You could get a day ticket from the tackle shop in Cullen.

Rob maybe able to advise if they are still selling them.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #3 on: 28/04/2008 at 09:23 »
You can actually get the ticket from the Ice Cream shop in Portsoy, although a trip to Cullen Bay tackle is always worth a trip.

Dave Mundie

« Reply #4 on: 28/04/2008 at 17:23 »
The loch in Port Soy has coarse fish in it why not give it a go with the wee fella. You could get a day ticket from the tackle shop in Cullen.

Rob maybe able to advise if they are still selling them.

Never tried coarse fishing before, wouldn't know where to start.

You can actually get the ticket from the Ice Cream shop in Portsoy, although a trip to Cullen Bay tackle is always worth a trip.

Is the tackle shop on the main street in Cullen?

Dave

Jim Eddie

Re: Fishing near Portsoy? New
« Reply #5 on: 28/04/2008 at 17:26 »
Is the tackle shop on the main street in Cullen?

Aye Dave its on the left hand side at the bottom of the brae , if you are  heading North,

:z18

Jim

Dave Mundie

« Reply #6 on: 28/04/2008 at 17:29 »
 :z18 Jim will pop in sure they know of local fishing or they should do.

Might hay a look at the place Tam wis speakin aboot.

dave

Jim Eddie

« Reply #7 on: 28/04/2008 at 17:35 »
Dave

There is a burn runs into the sea at Cullen , not sure what its called , I've seen guys fishing it for Sea Trout, I know the guys sea fishing from Cullen beach catch a lot of sea-trout also.

Cheers

Jim

Dave Mundie

« Reply #8 on: 28/04/2008 at 17:39 »
now thats interesting  :z16
Just the usual story there wont be enough time i reckon i'll prob only get oot on Sun, If i'm a good loon at is  :z4

Dave

stickleback

« Reply #9 on: 28/04/2008 at 21:25 »
The burn at Cullen is called the Burn of Cullen.  When I stayed up in Buckie in the early 80's (during my non-fishing phase in life) I can remember seeing loads of sea trout leaping in Cullen Bay waiting for the right conditions before they made a dash up the burn.  It's yet another venue I now fancy having a go at - so many places to fish, so little time to do it !!!!!!!!   Good luck where ever you try.

Dave Mundie

« Reply #10 on: 30/04/2008 at 17:10 »
so many places to fish, so little time to do it !!!!!!!!

Cant agree more.

Dave

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com