Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Alex ........ "Tasmanian Catman"
« on: 22/04/2008 at 00:28 »
Hi folks :cool:

I received a nice email from "catman" Alex with a photo of this Tasmania Brownie he caught today :z16

Thought I'd share it with you
Best wishes
Mike

Rob Brownfield

Re: Alex the Tasmanian "catman"
« Reply #1 on: 22/04/2008 at 08:06 »
Its amazing to think that the ancestors of that fish once swam in a Scottish river.

Lovely fish!

Iain Goolager

« Reply #2 on: 22/04/2008 at 10:52 »
Nice fish - eveil looking though

Half Brownie half Moray Eel

Alex Burnett

« Reply #3 on: 29/04/2008 at 01:58 »

I received a nice email from "catman" Alex with a photo of this Tasmania Brownie he caught today :z16

Thought I'd share it with you
Best wishes
Mike

Hi Guys

Well where do I start, temperature has not been below 17°C since I got here :z12, slightly over cast a couple of days  :z13 but just perfect for fishing :z15.
I have now been fishing in both the Rivers/Lakes for wild Brown & Rainbow Trout & also at a Fishery :z15. I have sent Mike some more pictures of yesterday's outing 28th, one was a cracking brownie which was returned unharmed after I took it's photo.
Looking forward to a couple of more outings over the next few weeks :z16, can't say I am in a hurry to get home :z18.

Alex "Catman"

Jim Eddie

« Reply #4 on: 29/04/2008 at 19:56 »
Nice Fish Alex , glad to hear you are enjoying yourself.

:z18

Jim

Dave Mundie

« Reply #5 on: 30/04/2008 at 17:12 »
Great stuff Alex, unfortunately i can only dream  :cry

Dave

Mike Barrio

« Reply #6 on: 09/05/2008 at 01:20 »

Here are some more photos that Alex has sent me :z16

The Barrio fly reel looks quite small next to that trout Alex! ...... Nice one :cool:

Best wishes
Mike

Alex Burnett

« Reply #7 on: 09/05/2008 at 01:30 »

Here are some more photos that Alex has sent me :z16

The Barrio fly reel looks quite small next to that trout Alex! ...... Nice one :cool:

Best wishes
Mike

Hi Guys

Thanks for putting up the photos Mike :z16 This was all taken at a Fishery called Rod & Field, they do fishing & shooting.
Yes it was a rather large Brownie, I estimated it was at least 7lb but it was probably more. :z15
If you look at the photos of the Fishery, the logs round the outside are normally partly submerged with the level of the Loch but water levels are so low that they are completely dry. You will also notice that they seam to like putting snags in the lochs.
Weather is still great, 17-19 Deg C every day. :z12 :z12
See you all in June when I have to come home!!! :cry

Alex

Mike Barrio

« Reply #8 on: 09/05/2008 at 01:34 »
Sure they're snags? ...... and not crocs? :z4

Cheers
Mike

PS: Have you seen a croc on your trip?

Alex Burnett

« Reply #9 on: 09/05/2008 at 01:39 »
Sure they're snags? ...... and not crocs? :z4

Cheers
Mike

PS: Have you seen a croc on your trip?

No haven't seen any crocs yet & don't want to :z2. Have seen a few snakes!! :shock but didn't hang about to take any pictures  :z2  :z2  :z2.

Regards
Alex

Dave Mundie

« Reply #10 on: 09/05/2008 at 21:04 »
Great pics :z15 great to see your having a good time.

Dave

Mike Barrio

« Reply #11 on: 26/05/2008 at 00:40 »
Hi Alex, we really need to think about renaming you "Taz" instead of "catman"? :z4

Thanks for the latest pics :cool:

Looks like fun ....... exploring a wee Aussie burn like this :wink

Hope you're having a great time
Best wishes
Mike

Charlie

Re: Alex ........ "Tasmanian Catman"
« Reply #12 on: 26/05/2008 at 08:29 »
welcome to the colonies where the sun shine all day and no such thing as freezing your things off, its good to see your getting amongst a few of our fish, come north and I'll show you a few more, try a barra on that reel and we'll really test it for Mike.

Alex Burnett

« Reply #13 on: 26/05/2008 at 22:42 »
welcome to the colonies where the sun shine all day and no such thing as freezing your things off, its good to see your getting amongst a few of our fish, come north and I'll show you a few more, try a barra on that reel and we'll really test it for Mike.

Hi Charlie & all

Just got back to Mount Nelson in Tasmania from Springwood in the Blue Mountains late last night,  :z12 have't tried the Barra on the fly yet,
but have eaten a couple this last week (Beautiful). :z16
Things have finally turned a bit wet in Hobart now,  :z8 only have 6 days left until I HAVE to go home,  :cry notice I didn't say WANT.  :mad
Have had the most wonderful time over here.  :z18  :z18 Guys this is definately the place for a fishing trip. :z15  :z15  :z15

Alex Burnett

« Reply #14 on: 01/06/2008 at 11:58 »
Hi Charlie & all

Just got back to Mount Nelson in Tasmania from Springwood in the Blue Mountains late last night,  :z12 have't tried the Barra on the fly yet,
but have eaten a couple this last week (Beautiful). :z16
Things have finally turned a bit wet in Hobart now,  :z8 only have 6 days left until I HAVE to go home,  :cry notice I didn't say WANT.  :mad
Have had the most wonderful time over here.  :z18  :z18 Guys this is definately the place for a fishing trip. :z15  :z15  :z15

Hi Guys

Well that's it, :cry I have packed up my rods & packed my bags & have a check-in in 9 hours to start my journey home.  :z2 Have had a fantastic time out here  :z18 :z16 & would thoroughly recommend it to anyone.  :z16
Looking forward to a couple of days fishing at Haddo on Thursday & Saturday and trying out my new Bario Rods.  :z15 :z15

Alex the EX-Tasmanian Catman

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com