Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jay Scott

Kingennie Fishery
« on: 20/04/2008 at 19:57 »

Hi all,

Havn't posted a topic for a while so here I am! :grin Away to fish a competition on the 3rd at Kingennie just wondering if anyone fished there lately and knew of what tactics are working or any feedback? Anyone else fishing the comp?

Cheers,

Jay

kenny

Re: Kingennie Fishery
« Reply #1 on: 20/04/2008 at 21:04 »
wot pond are you fishing?, I fished kingennie last year on the sepcimen pond and found it very hard to cast as there are trees only 10 feet behind you. very nice thou.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: 20/04/2008 at 22:41 »
The specimen pond does not exist anymore..its now the coarse pond, and the one that was the coarse pond is now a trout pond again  :z8

3rd time the carp have moved and they are suffering with it.  :cry

Anyway, not much help I guess..but at least the trout boys now have a pond they can actually fish  :grin

Having said that, small lures seem to be the order of the day there, with small minkies etc being used a lot...have never really seen anyone fishing buzzers or nymphs, but I have only really seen the old specci pool and the any method water.

« Reply #3 on: 21/04/2008 at 00:06 »
Hi

The specimen has moved into the old coarse pond and now has a boat on it, there seems to be allot of browns being caught for some reason (and there all huge). The bankside has also got a boat now although you have to anchor and then thats you stuck there.

Last month I had a few on okey dokeys and white bunny leechs but black and green work most days there.

Good luck

Jay Scott

« Reply #4 on: 21/04/2008 at 21:03 »

Hi guys,

Erm i think it's just the main fly pool Kenny not too sure though  :roll. Thanks for the advice guys i'll be sure to pack a wee selection of wee lures. Jamie, were the bunny leechs fished static? ie under an indicator?

Cheers,

Jay

Jim Doyle

« Reply #5 on: 21/04/2008 at 21:30 »
Used to fish it regularly, dont any more for personal reasons.  Never had a problem casting on the old speci pond and the results are in the office. will ask around and see whats happening I know there was a water problem but I think its been sorted out.  try a slow glass and cormies and dbs always a good starting point on the bottom pond. speci was a bunny leech water most you will need is a fast glass but a slow is better, try white and green bunnys and green peas. jim

« Reply #6 on: 22/04/2008 at 07:49 »
I fished there in late Feb, had a few fish to a damsel nymph on a jerky figure of eight retrieve. Also had one on a black spider.

Robbie

Barry Robertson

« Reply #7 on: 22/04/2008 at 21:57 »
Hi jay,
       Last couple of times i have been there i took alot of fish on a size 14 black buzzer with orange cheeks, also had a lot of joy with a black cdc shuttlecock! Even if there is only a couple of fish showing stick on a dry and i was amazed how many fish came from the depths to have a look at it. Failling any of the above a black minkie with a silver belly normally does well as its full of fry.
Hope this helps!

« Reply #8 on: 22/04/2008 at 22:58 »
The best way for the bunny leechs is just a reasonably fast retreive but I have often caught fish on a lure under an indicator but it depends on the conditions.

Supposedly two weeks ago there was a bad allgae bloom making the place unfishable and there has also been quite a few dead fish lying in the margins.   :z8

Jay Scott

« Reply #9 on: 23/04/2008 at 15:49 »

Thanks for the advice guys i now have an idea of which patterns to take with me.  :z16

Cheers,

Jay

« Reply #10 on: 13/05/2008 at 17:09 »
hi there. going to fish the speci pond on saturday and i was just wondering what flies work there?
cheers

Jay Scott

« Reply #11 on: 13/05/2008 at 19:04 »

I got all of mine on CDCs but a yellow zonker was working well on the day  :z16

Jay

Barry Robertson

« Reply #12 on: 14/05/2008 at 08:46 »

Nice to hear you got a few on the dry Jay, was there much showing?

Jay Scott

« Reply #13 on: 14/05/2008 at 21:09 »

Yeah quite a lot rising for tiny olive beetles hard to get them to take anything. Size 18 f-fly did the trick!  :z16

Jay

« Reply #14 on: 15/05/2008 at 19:18 »
hi there:D :z13anyone have any good tactics for the speci pond

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com