Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

jbb

grafham water
« on: 19/04/2008 at 20:21 »
hi can anyone  help me i off to fish grafham in may :z18 :z18
 i would like to know how it is fishing and any fly that are working baselly any info on the water would be helpfull   :z15
thanks john

Mike Barrio

Re: grafham water
« Reply #1 on: 19/04/2008 at 21:26 »
Hi, can any of the forum members help me out with a few tips?  :z18 :z18

I'm off to Grafham in May and would like to find out how it is fishing, any flies that are working and any other information on the water that might be helpful :z15

Thanks
John

Hi John

Sorry ......... I couldn't resist translating the "text speak" :z13

I seem to remember coming across a Grafham website that had a lot of good info from local anglers on it? I think you've seen it before, but if not, I can look for it for you if you like? :wink

Best wishes
Mike

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: 19/04/2008 at 22:08 »
The only thing I know about Grapham is about the Pike Fly Fishing..so sorry..no help at all :(

Submariner

« Reply #3 on: 20/04/2008 at 00:06 »
john

I used to fish down there quite a bit both Grafham and Rutland. Best tactic at this time of year is a team of buzzers, include a Diawl back. Set yourself up on a good drift (drouge essential), and just keep in touch with your flies.

It can be a bit daunting at first but ask at the lodge and they will give you all the advice you will need for that day.

Tight lines

Nick

turracoo

« Reply #4 on: 20/04/2008 at 01:58 »
hi john
         check out www.rutlandgillies.co.uk  will give you all the reports for 2008
         tightlines.  :z16 :z16

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com