Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Sandy Nelson

Re: Korean caster
« Reply #15 on: 16/04/2008 at 20:14 »
let me think :roll

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #16 on: 16/04/2008 at 21:30 »
We've got 2 prodigy's and they both had 'made in korea' stickers on.

Perhaps someone took yours off before they sold you it :z4

Sandy

That would not supprise me in the least.. :wink Would not be the first fast one that particular shop has pulled ;0

Magnus,
I do hear what you are saying, but i still say that if you ask the average Hardy owner where is rod is from, he will say Alnwick  :z7 I noticed that Loomis have quelled rumours by using the words Made in the USA in star spangled text on there adverts  :z4 :z4 :z4 Subtle as only the Americans can be!

Magnus Angus

« Reply #17 on: 17/04/2008 at 00:01 »
Yes from the outside it seems like Loomis were all but forced to take some sort of action to assert where their rods are made because they are owned by Shimano USA - people jumped to wrong conclusions. Sage took similar flak when they introduced their "value" ranges - which are US made.

Premium Winston rods are US made - their lower priced rods Vapor and Ascent are made in China http://www.winstonrods.com/pdf/06FFAVaporEdChoiceAward.pdf They take some stick for that, its used against them in some competitor marketing.

"if you ask the average Hardy owner where is rod is from, he will say Alnwick"
How can you criticise a company for what uninformed people believe - the tooth fairy, Santa, George Bush, that Dyson still manufacture in the UK?

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #18 on: 17/04/2008 at 06:01 »
You mean..........................................

.......................................The tooth fairy isn't, isn't......................................isn't REAL :cry :cry :cry

You a weel mean mean man :cry

I'm gonna tell my mum :cry :cry :cry

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #19 on: 17/04/2008 at 08:50 »
How can you criticise a company for what uninformed people believe - the tooth fairy, Santa, George Bush, that Dyson still manufacture in the UK?

Ok..maybe its the dealers fault???? But if someone is told the rod is made in the UK..then they will believe it if its got a Hardy sticker on it.

Magnus Angus

« Reply #20 on: 17/04/2008 at 13:05 »
Sandy  :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4

Rob
"But if someone is told the rod is made in the UK"

By who, where and why?

What do you expect rod manufacturers to do, paint Not Made in England on their products? Hardy like a load of other companies have decided that country of origin will not be their major selling point. Frankly, having tried fly rods from most sources the country of origin matters a lot less than the quality of design and the person or people who decide the line rating.

salar35

« Reply #21 on: 20/04/2008 at 14:15 »
What the heck, Mick's rods are still cracking bits of kit and modestly priced, to boot. Going back to the comments on the Korean lassie, the timing was certainly just awesome.........if I were not a sexagenarian kirk elder :oops, I'd say "count me in".

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com