Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Livingstone

FF&FT article on fishing in New England
« on: 01/11/2006 at 19:15 »
Just back from our annual trip over the pond to Maine to visit the in-laws and picked up FF&FT.  I was pretty excited to see an article about LL salmon fishing in Maine.  However, on reading it I was pretty disappointed.  It did not reflect the great fishing you can have or the amazing surrounding and some unbelieveably clear water you can fish.

I got a bit of fishing in over there.  The first week it was bass, perch and pickrel (small pike like fish) and then I had 2 days on the East Outlet of the Kennebec fishing nymphs for LL salmon and brook trout.  The fishing didn't set the world on fire but I was so happy.  I took 2 salmon and 3 brookies to 14-15".  The brookies were in spawning regalia and were so amazing.  The water was cold and the surrounding great.  Especially seeing eagles, moose and beaver in the different places.  

Anyway, just wanted to say that the article did not do fishing in Maine justice at all!!

Mike L.

Hamish Young

FF&FT article on fishing in New England
« Reply #1 on: 02/11/2006 at 11:10 »
Sounds grand Mike - got any pics of the trip you'd care to share with the forum  :?:

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com