Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Iain Goolager

Any Broonies yet
« on: 04/04/2008 at 09:29 »
Anyone caught any browns on the river yet?

Steven Kidd

Re: Any Broonies yet
« Reply #1 on: 04/04/2008 at 09:34 »
I was fishing last night on Kintore, seen two brown trout jump at the roadside bank at simpsons pool.  I also heard of a 3lb brown trout caught by the islands across from the golf clubhouse.

I never caught any........but it's early days....

Cheers,

Steven

Iain Goolager

« Reply #2 on: 04/04/2008 at 19:58 »
Hi Steve,

I'm still on the Salmon trail so I don't know when I'll get the 3wt out. I've had 4 or 5 nice browns on the Salmon Tubes - all returned unharmed & lost a nice brown about the 3lb mark 100 yards down from the Kintore Bridge. Also saw a couple of maybe 3/4" - 1lb fish at the Millstream. All bodes well for a good season.

See you down at the river sometime.

Iain

Jim Eddie

« Reply #3 on: 05/04/2008 at 16:19 »
Just back from Blairgowrie , fished the Ericht yesterday, river a perfect height , air temperature was reasonably warm , Olives hatching around lunch-time. Never saw a fish all day  :wink

Never mind its a nice river to fish , i still enjoyed the day.

:z18

Jim

Irvine Ross

« Reply #4 on: 06/04/2008 at 10:16 »
Saturday was a day for all sensible fly fishermen to stay at home. There was a half gale out of the north with the air temperature at 20 C and frequent blizzards, so I went fishing. I got some fresh air and exercise walking the bank but no fish. :cry

Ah well, got it out of my system. :z8

Irvine

puddock

« Reply #5 on: 06/04/2008 at 11:11 »
I was out on Friday afternoon just above the Parkhill bridge on the North Bank and missed a few but got a nice Brownie of about 1 lb (Stockie). Wind was a bit of a pain though (The weather - not me...)

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com