Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

acercon3

Road Testing Rods
« on: 31/03/2008 at 20:11 »
Hello

I am looking to get back into the game after having been out of it for quite a number of years. I am prepared to spend a reasonable amount of money on my kit but to be honest after having seeing the wide array that is available nowadays I am perplexed as to where to start.

Logically it would make most sense to be able to road test as many rods/lines as poss. but where in this area can this be done ?

Dave Gordon

Re: Road Testing Rods
« Reply #1 on: 31/03/2008 at 20:29 »
I offer this service through Aberdeen Fieldsports. For Salmon Fishing we go to Maryculter or Tilbouries with perhaps 6 rods and give them all a cast with a veriety of reels and lines.

For trout we normally come to Haddo and again play with perhaps 6 rods, to see what suits your style. PM me to set up a demo.

Dave

aberdeenfieldsports.com

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 31/03/2008 at 20:46 »
Hi "acercon3"

Have you any thoughts on what type of rod you would like?

I guess you need to think about where you are likely to fish ........ big river, small river, small stillwater or fishery, wild lochs etc etc ....... and will you be fishing for salmon, sea trout, brown trout or rainbow trout?

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

fishfingers

« Reply #3 on: 04/04/2008 at 22:47 »
yeh go to haddo you wont be dissapointed,try b4 you buy.advice will be second to none.

acercon3

« Reply #4 on: 07/04/2008 at 21:23 »
Thanks for the input guys , i'll ponder my next move.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com