Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Iain Cameron

Old Tee shirt
« on: 27/03/2024 at 08:47 »
Celebrating my much loved Barrio fly lines T. This is from August 2013.
The tee is still on the go; bit faded and decrepit; I can relate.

Taken on a Hebridean island loch, with a very distinctive shallow sand flat before it drops off. Bonus points for anyone who can name it!
Euan Innes, Hamish & I fished it once together, and Eddie Sinclair stood me up and didn’t fish with me the day I took this picture. I think he had whisky flu….

Eddie Sinclair

Re: Old Tee shirt
« Reply #1 on: 27/03/2024 at 09:18 »
Iain,

That was on my birthday and I was fine but one of the other guys in the party was not. I couldn’t even phone you to say I couldn’t come as I had drowned my phone on Hosta the day before 😂. I will leave the guessing of the loch in the picture to others. Fabulous place with monster trout.

Can’t believe that was eleven years ago.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 27/03/2024 at 11:06 »
Loving the tee shirt Iain  >)

I still wear one of the black ones, black seems to last longer, or hides the years better  *smiley-grin*

« Reply #3 on: 27/03/2024 at 21:08 »
I believe I know the loch, may have had a cast on it last year. Unfortunately I cannot vouch for the size of the trout as I blanked.

Iain Cameron

« Reply #4 on: 28/03/2024 at 06:43 »
Iain,

That was on my birthday and I was fine ….

Was that the trip where one if your party was thrashing a trout loch to death with a 15’ salmon rod?

Andrew Boswell

« Reply #5 on: 28/03/2024 at 10:07 »
Any thoughts on doing a limited re-run of t-shirts Mike?!

Mike Barrio

« Reply #6 on: 28/03/2024 at 11:30 »
Any thoughts on doing a limited re-run of t-shirts Mike?!

Not had any thoughts Andrew, I've always found it difficult to know what to put on them ...... What would you like to see?

I did this simple design a few years back, but never did anything with it.

Andrew Boswell

« Reply #7 on: 28/03/2024 at 15:09 »
Not had any thoughts Andrew, I've always found it difficult to know what to put on them ...... What would you like to see?

I did this simple design a few years back, but never did anything with it.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #8 on: 28/03/2024 at 15:13 »
Nice previews Andrew  :)

Do you like that one? ...... Or did you have any other ideas?

Andrew Boswell

« Reply #9 on: 28/03/2024 at 15:22 »
I was just playing around with some of the creator software online tbh.

I think your design is really good, but often with colour schemes less is more. An olive t-shirt works on its own or as an underlayer, and generally doesn’t clash with other colours. The black script works well with that colour, better than white which I thought would work.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #10 on: 28/03/2024 at 18:50 »
Sorry for hijacking your topic Iain  :X1

Iain Cameron

« Reply #11 on: 31/03/2024 at 16:19 »
Threadbare in places, a bit tatty, and should probably be binned.  But enough about me, here is  the t shirt in action this week

Noel Kelly

« Reply #12 on: 08/04/2024 at 09:40 »
My wife’s mother is from that island Iain. Her uncle still lives not far from that loch. I’ve only fished it once and blanked. Did see one or 2 of the infamous residents move far out beyond reach.
This was 10 yrs ago, I’ve not heard if it’s still worth a cast. Her uncle says it’s not.

Iain Cameron

« Reply #13 on: 08/04/2024 at 10:15 »
So the loch is  Bhruisda, on the island of Berneray. Excuse my spelling, I frankly can’t be bothered to check.

I remember picking up a permit at the coffee shop. The catch returns book was: blank, blank, blank, 5lber, blank blank, big fish…. And so on.  A lot of blanks - two out of two visits for me - with the chance of the odd big troot seemed to be the norm. I wouldn’t rush back, as the plentiful lochs of north and south Uist hold enough interest and adventure for many days of trouting

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com