Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

River Tummel
« on: 24/03/2008 at 11:07 »
Hi folks :cool:

I'm hoping to get a day on the River Tummel in May and haven't fished it for a number of years ...... so have lost any previous info that I used to use for the river :cry

Has anybody got suggestions for a good beat and where to arrange the permits etc :z17

Thanks
Mike

Hamish Young

Re: River Tummel
« Reply #1 on: 24/03/2008 at 11:15 »
Oddly enough I was going to ask the same question..... spooky that  :wink :z4 .... mind you, I've never fished the Tummel before  :z6

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 24/03/2008 at 11:22 »
I can picture the hotel I stayed at ( had lodges outside? ) plus was the "meeting up for breakfast place" prior to signing in for the SANA rivers heats.

Can't for the life of me remember what it was called though :oops

Am getting old :oops
Mike

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #3 on: 24/03/2008 at 11:47 »
Mike, it was not near Ballinluig by any chance was it?

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 24/03/2008 at 12:17 »
That's about the right area Rob. The hotel doesn't look right though, I can remember the river going past the car park at the rear?

Cheers
Mike

Jim Eddie

« Reply #5 on: 24/03/2008 at 18:15 »
Not sure if the tackle shop in Pitlochry is still open , the Tourist information centre is just across the road from the tackle shop or where the tackle shop used to be.

You might get some ides from this link  http://www.anglingintayside.co.uk/fishingcentres.asp?CentreID=11

Cheers

Jim

Mike Barrio

« Reply #6 on: 24/03/2008 at 18:23 »
Thanks Jim :z16

I've been round a few of the sites and then round again ........ Haven't seen any pics of the place I remember yet :z6

Plenty of time between now and then though :wink

Cheers
Mike

Che

« Reply #7 on: 25/03/2008 at 07:57 »
I'm there on Firday Mike, I'm spending a weekend at St. Fillans and plan a couple of days on Loch Tummel.

The tackle shop used to be Mitchels of Pitlochry, but is now http://www.quayles.uk.com/

I was in there last year, and the owner is a really helpful guy, he deserves to do well :)

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com