Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Haddo Trout Fishery ( to Mar 24th )
« on: 23/03/2008 at 22:39 »
Hi folks :cool:

I've stopped looking at the weather forecasts, it has been so changeable this week that you are quite likely to experience all four seasons in one day! :z4

Which flies would I recommend at the moment? "Whichever ones you normally find success with" would be as good an answer as any, as the catch book certainly displays a good variety again this week. From small black spiders to the much larger and flashy Humungus ........ and everything in between :z7

Chris McAllister enjoyed some good sport tempting 25 fish up to 8 lb for his session, Scott Sim had 20 up to 7 lb, Alex Thain 17 up to 10 lb, John Buchan 17 up to 7 lb, Kevin Neri 16 up to 3 lb, Dave Gordon 14 up to 6 lb, Matt Hines 14 up to 7½ lb and Andrew Barrowman netted 10 fish, including a new fishery record Blue trout which weighed 10 lb 12 oz ........ Well done Andrew! Don't forget to send me the photo please :wink

There have been a few cracking rainbows this week too, Kenny Hall tempting one of 12½ lb and Jim Adie a nice 13 pounder.

(below) Finally managed to get a photo of one of them, not an easy task without a super zoom :wink

Best wishes
Mike

Mike Barrio

Re: Haddo Trout Fishery ( to Mar 24th )
« Reply #1 on: 24/03/2008 at 23:00 »
Cracking photo Andrew :z16

Have had a couple of pairs working the loch since early last year. Prior to that, I had sometimes seen one or two but not on such a regular basis.

Cheers
Mike

Kev Danby

« Reply #2 on: 25/03/2008 at 08:38 »
Must be the global warming  :z4 :z4

Tam Greenock

« Reply #3 on: 25/03/2008 at 08:57 »
Good prices on SLR's just now  :z16

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 25/03/2008 at 15:49 »
Good prices on SLR's just now  :z16

Tam :mad I know I need one :z4 and tis all your fault :z7

Cheers
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #5 on: 07/04/2008 at 16:59 »
Thanks for the photo Andrew ........  :z16

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com