Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Steven Sinclair

Re: Fishery Events?
« Reply #15 on: 26/03/2008 at 15:41 »
  I really liked your idea about the tie half a dozen flies on the day then fish only these flies during the competition!  I think almost everybody has 'too many' flies in there box these days it would be great to see what everybody comes up with! :wink i know myself (steven sinclair) and lee welsh would most definately be up for something like this. Well provided im not in Nigeria  :cry

Mike Barrio

« Reply #16 on: 26/03/2008 at 15:51 »
  I really liked your idea about the tie half a dozen flies on the day then fish only these flies during the competition!  I think almost everybody has 'too many' flies in there box these days it would be great to see what everybody comes up with! :wink i know myself (steven sinclair) and lee welsh would most definately be up for something like this. Well provided im not in Nigeria  :cry

Hi Steven ........ Welcome to the forum :z16

Yes, I like that idea too :cool:

Best wishes
Mike

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #17 on: 26/03/2008 at 15:53 »
What about a "colour" day..only flies of a certain colour? Or a Dry day or a Nymph day or a flicker day? Sorry mike, could not resist that one ;)

Alex Burnett

« Reply #18 on: 26/03/2008 at 18:31 »
What about a "colour" day..only flies of a certain colour? Or a Dry day or a Nymph day or a flicker day? Sorry mike, could not resist that one ;)

What about a FUR & FEATHER Day,(flies must be completely made using only Fur & Feather). :z8

Alex

Jim Eddie

« Reply #19 on: 26/03/2008 at 19:58 »
I'm always happy to bring the Barbie and lay on some burgers  :cool:

:z18

Jim

turracoo

« Reply #20 on: 26/03/2008 at 20:15 »
How about a 4 fly comp or gathering, where each fisher gets the same 4 patterns,ie buzzer,spider,ptn,damsel.Then every one has the same chance,Its then up to u how to set up ur leader and fish those flies given.We do this at our club at raemoir and is very popular with members. :z18

Dave Mundie

« Reply #21 on: 26/03/2008 at 20:19 »
I'm always happy to bring the Barbie and lay on some burgers  :cool:

:z18

Jim

Good man it's the belly that keeps the back up  :z12

Dave

Mike Barrio

« Reply #22 on: 26/03/2008 at 23:00 »
Thanks folks ....... lots of great ideas :z16

Mike

clark

« Reply #23 on: 27/03/2008 at 15:19 »
I would like to see more junior competitions or competitions which allowed all age groups to fish. Being only 15 i know of only one junior event at loch insch and thats in September and i cant wait that long!!!!!  :shock  :cry

Jim Doyle

« Reply #24 on: 27/03/2008 at 16:26 »
  Yes we could have a red wine day or a white wine day, and for the undecided rose.  jim :z18

Peter McCallum

« Reply #25 on: 27/03/2008 at 17:40 »
Go on Mike a 'One Fly' competition. You get one fly - not one pattern but ONE fly - lose that fly & you're out!!

Peter

Dave Mundie

« Reply #26 on: 27/03/2008 at 20:48 »
Go on Mike a 'One Fly' competition. You get one fly - not one pattern but ONE fly - lose that fly & you're out!!

Peter

I'd go with that as i only fish one fly  :cool:

Dave

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #27 on: 27/03/2008 at 20:51 »
I'd go with that as i only fish one fly  :cool:

Dave

Ah!

but is it the right fly? :wink
 :z4 :z4 :z4

I think this sounds like a great idea :z16

Sandy

fishfingers

« Reply #28 on: 04/04/2008 at 23:10 »
rob has the right idea bring a friend,or wat ever.what do you think of national fishing week(end of july or aug)not alot seems to hapen i got 13 folk to fish my local(insch) in that week, 4 off are still fishing, every bit helps,these folk were new to fishing.the gathering thing would be better takes the presure off.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com