Forum > Tackle Talk

Braided Loops - R&D

(1/8) > >>

Mike Barrio:
Roman Moser has now retired, his Minicon loops are no longer available wholesale, so I guess existing stocks in the shops will start to dry up over the coming months.

That's one of my projects for the winter, I'm playing with braid to see what I can come up with as an alternative to go with my lines.

Have you any thoughts on length, or any other feature that you'd like to see in a braided loop?

Mike Barrio:
Off to a good start with the basics  :)

I need a cleaner cut and to go through some tubing samples next.

Terry Coging:
Can't fault the Minicon loops Mike. If you can make something as good I would certainly recommend them.
Not had a failed Minicom since I started using them about 10 years ago.

Hamish Young:

--- Quote from: Mike Barrio on 18/11/2023 at 11:14 ---Have you any thoughts on length, or any other feature that you'd like to see in a braided loop?

--- End quote ---
Loved the tubing on the Moser Minicon, only dislike was length of the braid, I prefer the braid to be just that smidgen longer.

Mike Barrio:

--- Quote from: Hamish Young on 18/11/2023 at 15:32 ---Loved the tubing on the Moser Minicon, only dislike was length of the braid, I prefer the braid to be just that smidgen longer.

--- End quote ---
Thanks Hamish - just the kind of feedback I'm looking for  :z16

Have a look at one if you've got one please, and let me know what you think the ideal length would be?

Cheers
Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version