Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

The unexpected questions
« on: 26/09/2023 at 21:27 »
I was asked a couple of unexpected questions this week by a work colleague which I thought were worth sharing.
On the face of it, both questions seem quite innocuous too,  that was until I tried to answer them.

The first was 'how many different species have you caught on the fly :?' with the follow up  question ' and which was your favourite :?'

The answer to both was - I genuinely don't know  :z18 I shared this with some friends and in part the reason why I found them so hard to answer is that every fish is memorable, every day a treasure, every trip a journey into the unknown. I'll only know the answers when I hang my rods up for good, which I hope is many, many seasons from now.

Steven Sinclair

Re: The unexpected questions
« Reply #1 on: 27/09/2023 at 15:48 »
H,

I'm in the same boat as yourself on the first question. Christ only knows 😅

On the second however its an easy answer for me. My first ever Giant Snake head (and pretty much everyone since the first tbh). 7.5kg on a surface frog popper on a 6#.

Whilst I've caught countless other species and much bigger fish over the years. These fish both drove me mad and made me smile in equal measures!

Cheers,

Steven.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com