Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Hi folks :cool:

Haddo is closed today ............ there was a skin of ice round the edges last night, so judging by the roads and the ice on my car this morning I haven't gone over to check it out, it will be frozen :z6

Best wishes
Mike

Sandy Nelson

Re: Haddo Closed Today
« Reply #1 on: 02/02/2008 at 09:14 »
Definatley :shock

We have about 3" of snow here, this is the first snow i've seen lie here since we arrived in June, i guess that means everyone else probably has it too :z6

I wonder what Stavangar is like?

Sandy

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 02/02/2008 at 09:21 »
I wonder what Stavangar is like?
Sandy

Dunno ......... but there is bound to be a good pub there :wink
Cheers
Mike

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #3 on: 02/02/2008 at 09:29 »
Lots, but the beer is *@&£^£$%$&@* expensive :shock :shock

It was the weather i was thinking of :z10

Sandy

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 02/02/2008 at 09:34 »
You'll have to raid Mike Livingstone's beer cupboard then  :z4

Jim Eddie

« Reply #5 on: 02/02/2008 at 15:38 »
Good pub in Stavanger  :z4 :z4 :z4 There is if you take out a second mortgage  :z6

I've found the weather not to be a lot diffent from ours , mind you it will get worse the further you are from the coast.

I see City Star have gone toes up , this was the airline we used to fly to Norway.

Your lucky Sandy , Stuartfield missed the July blizards this year  :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4

Cheers

Jim   

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #6 on: 02/02/2008 at 16:18 »
Cass got in from Stavanger last night, wet and windy, now snow, sorry to dissapoint!!

Mike Barrio

« Reply #7 on: 02/02/2008 at 16:28 »

I have just got back from the loch. It is frozen and there is a fair amount of snow about so Haddo will be closed again tomorrow.

Best wishes
Mike

Mike Livingstone

Re: Haddo Closed Today ......... due to ice & snow
« Reply #8 on: 03/02/2008 at 18:32 »
The mention of raiding my beer fridge got me to bite!  It current;y only consists of 1 can and it is Super Bowl night :z8  I can't even buy any as they stop selling beer around 7pm at the nearest shop, and oh, it is Sunday, no shops are open!

Stavanger had snow yesterday but back to rain today!  Good pubs here?  If you know one then please let me know!  The only good beer here is the Juleol and if you didn't guess by the name, you only get it at Christmas time!  Stay off the Tou - that stuff is pure chemical.

Mike, you had better be open in 2-3 weeks time as I need a day chasing rainbows!

At least if I need a snow fix it is only 2hours drive from here!

Later,

Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #9 on: 04/02/2008 at 01:19 »
Great to hear from you Mike :z16

Maybe Sandy should take some 6 packs with him :z7

As for the fishing in 2 to 3 weeks time:
The loch was thawing out nicely this afternoon ( Sunday ) so I should be open again tomorrow morning :wink

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Mike Barrio

« Reply #10 on: 04/02/2008 at 15:39 »

Haddo was open again today (Monday) with 90% of the ice gone and a good few fish rising :wink

I took a run over to Pitfour this afternoon and there was no ice there at all. Ross made me a lovely cuppa and it was just grand to be there again, it brought back lots of memories of the days when I used to fish the lake on a regular basis :cool:

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Ross

« Reply #11 on: 04/02/2008 at 15:46 »
Haha Mike, you need to get sorted and get out fishing more!!!!

This season...I'll be fishing ALOT! :grin

Mike Barrio

« Reply #12 on: 04/02/2008 at 16:49 »
Haha Mike, you need to get sorted and get out fishing more!!!!

This season...I'll be fishing A LOT! :grin

Funny that, you are not the only person to point this out recently :wink

Cheers
Mike

« Reply #13 on: 04/02/2008 at 23:16 »
hi Mike,
Sorry i missed you this afternoon, had not long left when you phoned, had an unexchiting afternoon skining chickens for the frezer. all i have to do now is dry the skins and poss dye some so we have plenty of tying materials,
You will have to try and get over for a days fishing sometime, i also get told i need to do more fishing, since taking on pitfour i have fished less in the last two years than when i had a full time job, now iam at the fishery 7 days a week i dont have time to fish let alone fish anywere other than at work,

Andrew

Mike Barrio

« Reply #14 on: 04/02/2008 at 23:24 »
I enjoyed dropping in Andrew, the fishery is looking grand and your Dad makes a fine cuppa :z16

Cheers
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com