Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jim Doyle

The Don Today
« Reply #25 on: 27/02/2007 at 17:26 »
depends who is fishing the river as salmon men get first choice, if you are interested i can enqire as to a suitable date and put it up  jim

smac

The Don Today
« Reply #26 on: 28/02/2007 at 13:24 »
Could manage a weekday too. Saturdays are out for me. Can you grayling fish on a Sunday ?

Stuart

Rob Brownfield

The Don Today
« Reply #27 on: 28/02/2007 at 14:42 »
Quote from: "smac"
Can you grayling fish on a Sunday ?

Stuart

Oh yes...only time I DO fish for them :) No pesky salmon anglers about then! Last fish was on boxing day at 2 pounds and 6 oz :)

Going back to the bit about the Don being "easy" to get onto...I still disagree  :lol:  Yes, if you have the MONEY and there are no SALMON anglers about, yeah, you can get a ticket. However, you cannot compare it to a still water as most still waters have stocked fish and good facilities. The Don most of the time you have neither..not that I want stockies mind :) £20 to take away 4 large rainbows is probably good value...£20 to fish a restricted bit of water where Salmon anglers can ruin your day, where there might not be any Trout anyway and no facilities..well..I am sure you know what I mean.

I will state AGAIN though, that if the Don was not so expensive then it probably would not be so good.  :z6

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com