Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Autumn Visits
Description: Hello all,

I've been a lurker for so long that Mike has given me a nudge to post a photo or two. I've been an occasional Don fisher for a few years, but hadn't made the trip up for at least a couple of years until this year's back end when I visited a short but bonny beat that was new to me. I went twice, with Salmon in mind. In my mind was where they remained! October 12th was a bonny day, but it felt like there wasn't quite enough water, although I did see a couple of Fish move. I was back on October 30th, having taken what proved to be an ill advised chance on booking a few days before. I was in no hurry to leave that morning, having watched river levels rise alarmingly the night before, but if you don't go, you'll never know. It dropped as the day wore on, before creeping up again in mid afternoon. As luck would have it, there was a decent pull at the fly at the very moment I was trying to avoid a mild dunking becoming what might have been a more challenging journey all the way back to the North Sea. I'll post images from the 30th next.
Stats:
Views: 6276
Filesize: 132.19kB
Height: 750 Width: 1000
Posted by: Al Greig 31/12/2021 at 11:17

Image Linking Codes
BB Code

Comments (1)

Mike Barrio
Forum Admin

View Profile WWW
02/01/2022 at 10:09
Great stuff Al, looks like a bonnie stretch of the river  :)

Not much fun when it rises like that, fingers crossed for hitting the river in good conditions this year  :z16

Cheers
Mike

Return to Gallery