Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jim Eddie

Re: Anything rising?
« Reply #25 on: 24/03/2011 at 17:23 »
Kingennie is just up the road, I'ts a good few years since I fished there . Baz is the boy for local knowledge

:z18

Jim

Allan Liddle

« Reply #26 on: 26/03/2011 at 22:03 »
Back to the topic in hand (a hazel nut in every bite  :z4) and in answer to the question anything risin?  Yup olives on the go today (on a wee river near here) and troots respondin.  Sadly it was late afternoon before i got over there and the fecking rain showers were very very heavy which killed the sport very quickly, however managed one wee fish (pic to follow soon).

Glad to be off the mark and roll on next week as i've a couple of days off.

Here's hoping it all stays settled and the flies (and troots) respond in earnest.  Canne wait.

Allan

Ben Dixon

« Reply #27 on: 26/03/2011 at 23:08 »
Ben have you got a thermometer?? That's something you Salmon boys( :z4) usually carry isn't it? I'm just thinking of all the snow you've had up there (see Lecht are saying all runs are still open) it's gettign in Don and may lower water temp enough to put off the hatches. Would be interested to see what it is at the moment and if you are by the river and see a hatch you could take temp then too  :z18 Cheers;will get you a beer when we're up!

Richard

Hi Richard,

Just back from  a trip up north so just picked this up.  Will be out tomorrow so will get a temp reading for you.  Came back over the Lecht today and not a lot of snow, far less than a week ago.

Cheers

Ben

Allan Liddle

« Reply #28 on: 12/04/2011 at 17:54 »
Must be something happening on the bigger water by now?  :z8

Fish rising steadily on some smaller waters with decent hatches o LDO's and a fair smattering of MB's.

Allan

Graham Ritchie

« Reply #29 on: 12/04/2011 at 23:09 »
Hatches on the Spey over the last few days, mainly LDO's, March Browns and stoneflies. The rises havent lasted long, caught a couple yesterday.

Allan Liddle

« Reply #30 on: 13/04/2011 at 13:00 »
Good to hear, Rod Benders should be putting in an appearance soon, if not already.

Cheers Graham

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #31 on: 13/04/2011 at 19:09 »
it was so cold at the loch the other day I thocht me waders were leaking, nothing showing,easgach1

Hamish Young

« Reply #32 on: 14/04/2011 at 22:18 »
Quite an astonishing hatch of March Browns on the Ness (for a brief 5 minutes) today whilst I was out walking the banks at lunchtime.

Didn't see a single trout rise  :roll

:z3

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com