Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jim Doyle

Bigtroot aka Barry
« on: 19/05/2009 at 22:29 »
I have tried to get in contact with barry by pm but I can not get a responce, is there some thing wrong with the service at the moment?

Mike Barrio

Re: Bigtroot aka Barry
« Reply #1 on: 19/05/2009 at 22:50 »
Hi Jim

You have a PM :wink

Best wishes
Mike

Jim Doyle

« Reply #2 on: 20/05/2009 at 10:03 »
I have now spoken to Barry, I really had not been in contact with him , I was away to Chew and Blagdon.  I am sorry things got to the stage where you feel you had to remove his account but it your forum and you have the right to manage it as you see fit.  This is sad as both parties brought so much to the forum.  I will say no more but appreciate you taking time to explain your decision .  jim

Bakerboy

« Reply #3 on: 20/05/2009 at 11:41 »
Have I missed something?.........Bigtroot was one of the best contributors to the forum

Jim Eddie

« Reply #4 on: 20/05/2009 at 13:03 »
I cant really comment as I did not know what went on in the background. I agree that Baz was an very worthwhile contributor to the forum particularly with the fly swaps.

:z18

Jim

Mike Barrio

« Reply #5 on: 20/05/2009 at 19:59 »
I agree about Baz making a good contribution to the forum guys :z16

This was very much taken in to account last time :wink

This time, I guess he just pressed the wrong buttons and got a reaction. Running the fishery and the tackle business as a one man band, running the site and forum, trying to help out with local fishing stuff as much as I can and of course trying to spend some time with my wife and two sons ........... I simply haven't got time to worry about who is upsetting who on the forum, if I see repeated problems from a user ..... I remove "the hassle" and get back to work trying to run everything as best as I can for the good of as many folk as possible :z3

Yes, I am sorry to see him go, as I like Baz :z6
Best wishes
Mike

Iain Goolager

« Reply #6 on: 22/05/2009 at 21:54 »
Mike,
I'm sure we all appreciate your sterling efforts in running the website and this coupled with your own private business must be a monumental ask.  :z16
Without knowing all the circumstances I will not make, and am in no position to make any judgement on your call but I will miss some of his more helpfull and interesting posts.

Baz, or Barry to his probation officer, has been a little guilty of knocking certain types of post  :mad and has often shot from the hip but then you should look at some of the s*** I've written   :z4

Perhaps on reflection we could have maybe just broken one of his kneecaps, or the like :z1

see  you Sunday

Iain

Jim Doyle

« Reply #7 on: 23/05/2009 at 21:24 »
See your back Barry, must have been catch and release!! :wink :wink

Mike Barrio

« Reply #8 on: 23/05/2009 at 21:47 »
Yes Jim, released to post & reply another day ....... but it'll be his kneecaps if it happens again :wink

Best wishes
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com