Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Rivers & Lochs / River Don day tickets….
« Last post by Paul Garrigan on 01/05/2024 at 20:15 »
I’m going to be staying near the airport this weekend. Got a party on Saturday night. I’ve got a pass from the mrs to fish a few hours while she gets a spa.
If I buy the ADAA day ticket does that cover the water behind the airport around Dyce? I’ve asked on the form on the website but as yet, I’ve had no reply.
The beat maps are unclear.

Thanks
Paul
For Sale / Wanted / Items Free to good home
« Last post by Colin Sunley on 01/05/2024 at 18:17 »
Hey Folks am clearing out a bit  of kit i never use or intend to use,  These items are free for anyone,  you pay the postage if applicable ,  or they will go in bin other wise if no takers

I have a Wading / Army type Jacket  Xl  but more like a Large  only used about three times or so
Spinning Rod and Reel  with a few lures and bits and bobs  (not into spinning )

Fly Rod   8ft6 4/5# Airflo  its a cracking rod,  best married to the Barrio  GR 125 5#  line (a marriage made in heaven)

Sling bag  never Jelled with this,

Waders chest  xL ., used as spare when my spare premium waders were done, (alas  ha never used in anger )

Photos to follow

Thanks

Colin
Rivers & Lochs / Re: River Don 2024
« Last post by Dave Robb on 01/05/2024 at 16:57 »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c2qvdr3zq3xo

Oil spillage at Dyce. 

Not good.
Social Corner / Large Dark Olive
« Last post by Sandy Nelson on 30/04/2024 at 11:16 »
This guy tried to photobomb one of my fish release shots from yesterday. So I went back and took a few of just him. This one came out really nice.

The Large Dark Olive aka LDO

Social Corner / Re: Shipman's Buzzer
« Last post by James Laraway on 29/04/2024 at 13:53 »
i never tie or fish buzzers but made an exception in this case so many thanks to Magnus
Tackle Talk / Re: Tom Morgan Glass
« Last post by Michael Kearney on 27/04/2024 at 06:34 »
Sandy, the video clearly shows your rod’s progressive action; it bends into a deep and continuous curve as you take your rod arm back and reach forward with your net arm to land the fish - all done with great style! As you noted previously, glass rods create a special connection between angler and fish. I love the way a glass rod transmits the head knocks of a good fish and how the blank bends from its tip all the way into its cork handle when challenged to cushion a heavy trout’s powerful lunges. Your TMR 765 is a lovely rod; Nico’s build is sparse and elegant. Many thanks for sharing this video of you demonstrating your rod's fishing credentials.
Sounds a good shout 😊

Full floating line, a size 8 Muddler on the dropper and a small Stoats Tail type double on the point.
Full floating line, a size 8 Muddler on the dropper and a small Stoats Tail type double on the point.
Main Discussion Area / Flies for fishing for salmon - in lochs
« Last post by James Laraway on 26/04/2024 at 15:29 »
So definitely not my area of expertise.....
I'll fishing Loch Brora in August so I'm  needing people's views on suitable flies - to target both salmon and sea trout.
Thoughts as to patterns and sizes ?
Also lines - floater or intermediate ?
Tackle Talk / Re: Tom Morgan Glass
« Last post by Sandy Nelson on 26/04/2024 at 05:47 »
I got captured putting a nice bend into the TMR at the weekend. Just the end of the action but you can see why I don’t get banged off at the net with it.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com