Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

lenap

jump out of your fly box
« on: 19/03/2008 at 20:36 »
http://www.solarexpert.com/fishing/fly-tying.html   hello, i hope this note finds you all well and catching fish, while searching for some material i came across this fly tying site. no matter what you fish or catch .seeing the incredible detail quality built into these flies is worth a long look. good fishing , pete. :z16

Jim Eddie

Re: jump out of your fly box
« Reply #1 on: 19/03/2008 at 20:55 »
Pete

Thats a nice site , wonderful photography  :cool:
 :z18

Jim

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 19/03/2008 at 23:14 »
Yes ....... fascinating website Pete, thanks for sharing it with us :z16

Best wishes
Mike

stickleback

« Reply #3 on: 20/03/2008 at 21:05 »
Cracking tying but the scorpion and wasps are so realistic they give me the hebejeebies  :shock

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #4 on: 21/03/2008 at 08:19 »
Is this the guy that tied the dragonflies and crickets for Richard Walkers shop? Stunning, especially the tadpoles. I loved his "First atempt" Salmon fly!  :shock :shock :shock :z16

lenap

« Reply #5 on: 21/03/2008 at 19:13 »
i don,t know if he tied for richard walkers shop, but i have seen his work at a fly fishing show. a question ,does anyone use colored marking pens in their fly tying? also does anyone use any of the high strength, stealth braided fishing line for fly bodies? i have found this to make the toughest damsel flies that you can make. i only ask to find out what we might share in the fly tying field. pete :z1

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com