System 2 spools 12/13
« on: 27/11/2012 at 17:34 »
Wanted in any condition old or new.

C

Eddie Sinclair

Re: System 2 spools 12/13
« Reply #1 on: 27/11/2012 at 18:41 »
Chris,
i think that I have some of these somewhere in the depths of my garage. Indiana Jones would be hard prssed to find stuff in there without risk to life and limb. I will have a look at the weekend as I am shooting the rest of this week. They will be old but they are yours if you want them if they are the right size, they could be 11/12 but I will check.

Eddie.

thursodog

« Reply #2 on: 27/11/2012 at 21:06 »
Hey Eddie.
Mucho thanks for that, i look forward to hearing from you.
I'm still mooching around for you on that pm you sent me.

All the best

C

thursodog

« Reply #3 on: 09/12/2012 at 10:14 »
Bump.
Anyone?
Still looking for a reel or spools thanks.

CW.

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #4 on: 09/12/2012 at 13:57 »
Chris,
i think that I have some of these somewhere in the depths of my garage. Indiana Jones would be hard prssed to find stuff in there without risk to life and limb. I will have a look at the weekend as I am shooting the rest of this week. They will be old but they are yours if you want them if they are the right size, they could be 11/12 but I will check.

Eddie.

90% sure yours are 11/12, also quite sure they are in the plastic drawers in the garage if you haven't found them already.

Thursodog, if I wasn't in Malaysia I'd pop in past and have a look for you mate.

Cheers,

Steven.

thursodog

« Reply #5 on: 09/12/2012 at 14:48 »
Haha, i was a bit confused for a second there.
No probs i can wait thanks.
They are defo the 12/13 model as i have 2 reels and 5 spare spools at the mo but need more to take another couple of lines.
The most important one at the moment being a 72' Snowbee 3D spey line in 11/12 i bought for pennies that i want to try and cast on my 17' amorphous whisker in the next few weeks.

Cheers Chris.

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #6 on: 09/12/2012 at 18:50 »
Chris,
I will go out and look tonight when the boss is glued to the X factor final.

Eddie.

thursodog

« Reply #7 on: 09/12/2012 at 19:08 »
Magic.

Cheers.

Chris.

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #8 on: 09/12/2012 at 20:10 »
Chris,
sorry no joy. I must have given them away already. However I did find Stevens 10 weight that needed a new stripper ring but now it needs a new handle as well, it appears that mice have a taste for cork. If any one knows how to get the reel seat off so that I can put on a new handle and the best way to remove a ring I would appreciate some assistance so that I can fix the rod before going to Malaysia. I also found a 9 weight platinum XD brand new in the tube that I did not know I had so it was not a completely fruitless search.

Eddie.

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #9 on: 09/12/2012 at 23:49 »
Actually I now remember where they went! They were given to Fred when we got rid of the b&w tank arial! Sorry Chris.

On a side note good find on the 9# but not so good news on the 10 from Alaska. I'll give u a call later at a more uk friendly time.

Cheers

Steven.

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #10 on: 10/12/2012 at 00:14 »
Stevie,
I will put a handle and a stripper ring on the 10 weight before I come to Malaysia. I am sure that you can put it to good use.

Dad.

Jim Eddie

« Reply #11 on: 10/12/2012 at 06:54 »
Chris,
sorry no joy. I must have given them away already. However I did find Stevens 10 weight that needed a new stripper ring but now it needs a new handle as well, it appears that mice have a taste for cork. If any one knows how to get the reel seat off so that I can put on a new handle and the best way to remove a ring I would appreciate some assistance so that I can fix the rod before going to Malaysia. I also found a 9 weight platinum XD brand new in the tube that I did not know I had so it was not a completely fruitless search.

Eddie.

And I though I had to many rods in the garage  :z4

:z18

Jim

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #12 on: 10/12/2012 at 07:33 »
And I though I had to many rods in the garage  :z4

Jim

Jim,

That bloody garage would likely put Orvis in Banchory's stock levels too shame...................

Steven.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #13 on: 10/12/2012 at 10:25 »
If any one knows how to get the reel seat off so that I can put on a new handle and the best way to remove a ring I would appreciate some assistance so that I can fix the rod before going to Malaysia.

Easy peasy.

Ring, use a stanely knife to cut the thread (along the ring foot to avoide damaging the blank) and then heat with a hair drier. The epoxy should them peel right off.

Handle, I tend to make a cut into the cork, and then pry it apart cork ring by cork ring. Sometimes they pop right off leaving noting on the blank, other times they leave a lot of crumbles cork glued to the blank. In this case, use a sharp knofe to remove as much as you can, then sand paper to get back to the blank. You will need to remove any rings on the butt to allow the new handle to slide into place.

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #14 on: 10/12/2012 at 11:55 »
Rob,
thanks for that.

Eddie.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com