Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

paavo

The Angels`Share
« on: 20/01/2013 at 14:39 »
Hi all
I and Mrs. were at the movie on Saturday evening. Probably youŽll already seen The Angels`Share by Ken Loach but for those who havenŽt, go for it. Nice story with LOL and the Scottish language/accent are just great.  :z16
Music by The Proclaimers.

:z18
//Harri

Euan Innes

Re: The Angels`Share
« Reply #1 on: 20/01/2013 at 18:12 »
One of the best British films of recent years. Really excellent script and acting.  :z16
Just shows what can be done on a small budget. Much better advert for Scotland than Skyfall! According to one bit in Skyfall you get to Glencoe up the A9! Nearly lost a rib with that one  :z4 :z4 :z4

:z1

Iain Goolager

« Reply #2 on: 20/01/2013 at 20:08 »
No, never understood a word of that!    :z7

Iain

Jim Eddie

« Reply #3 on: 20/01/2013 at 20:59 »
No, never understood a word of that!    :z7

Iain

I'll translate it into Aberdoberman for you next time I'm home  :wink

Jim

Euan Innes

« Reply #4 on: 20/01/2013 at 22:04 »
I'll translate it into Aberdoberman for you next time I'm home 

Jim,
Do you want the bill for getting the wine off my laptop or do you want the bill for the spillage of a rather nice rose.
 :z4 :z4 :z4

Jim Eddie

« Reply #5 on: 20/01/2013 at 22:08 »
Jim,
Do you want the bill for getting the wine off my laptop or do you want the bill for the spillage of a rather nice rose.

Jim

Allan Liddle

« Reply #6 on: 23/01/2013 at 14:32 »
The fabled 'Malt Mill' from the movie isn't quite the myth you'd expect btw.
Learned about this years back whilst systematically destroying and rebuilding Lagavullin in Islay.

Prior to the current still there was another one and it produced Malt Mill which was never matured to a Single (ie spent the required minimum three years in a cask to be classed a single malt, although why anyone would want to drink a malt that's only three years old with a kick that would burn yer throat oot is beyond me  :z4).
It's exsistance was to be used an an ingreient in the blend market, remember Single Malt Whisky as a brand wasn't as popular then as it is now, blends were (actually still are, pardon the pun) king, mores so way back then.

No bottles or casks were kept, why would you it wasn't getting matured, and thought lost until a hand marked label bottle turned up in some Islay attic (obviously stashed to stop the wife cleaning the windaes wi it).

Crackin wee story to the movie, gritty Loach inner city life at the start, mixed with surreal whisky world get rich scheme. Well worth a viewing.

Feck fancy a wee dram now but still at work, ah well evening time unwind is on the cards tonight then.  :z16

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com