Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Geoff Gill

Short notice fishing Inverness
« on: 03/06/2012 at 19:13 »
Hi all,

After a disasterous fishing trip up at Durness ( dodgy car battery ) i didnt want to be stranded in a remote location. I have drove back to Inverness where i am staying and fixed car. I have one day left tommorrow for fishing, any ideas on where to go please at short notice before heading back to Aberdeen on Tuesday. Preferably Brown trout on small rivers, or Loch.
Any ideas to save a failed fishing holiday would be grately appreciated.
cheers

Geoff

Hamish Young

Re: Short notice fishing Inverness
« Reply #1 on: 03/06/2012 at 19:26 »
Several options - all of them good.

If Grahams is open tomorrow..... IF..... then get down there and see about a boat on Ruthven.
Failing that (and as a fall back) drop me a PM tonight and I'll give you my mobile number.
Call me, I might manage to get out for a day and I'll take you some where.

H :z3

Geoff Gill

« Reply #2 on: 03/06/2012 at 19:51 »
Pm sent
Cheers

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #3 on: 05/06/2012 at 00:06 »
Geoff,
Sorry you could not make it to Durness. We were up there 3 weeks ago for our first foray of the season and although it was freezing and our four days was more like 2 we caught some cracking brownies mostly from the bank on borrolaidh with a few from Calladail. Our best was around four pounds plus by may mate Adz and I had one of around two ANSI a half pounds. We also caught quite a few seat rout in the Kyle up to two and a half pounds but one of the local boys had a four pounder. I hope that you managed to get on Ruthven as our usual motley crew sometimes go there and have had a lot of fun. I do not know how often you go to Durness butbifbyou want to discuss tactics give me a shout.

Eddie.

Geoff Gill

« Reply #4 on: 06/06/2012 at 20:35 »
Glad to hear someone had a good time up at Durness,  :z16.
I managed a day on Caladail in breezy conditions and no luck, i was due to go onto Borralaidh on the monday but the car troubles ended that.
But Hamish pointed me onto some nice fishing around Inverness which made up for it with a couple nice wee brownies.
I have fished caladail before and had some great trout, hard won but great. It woud've been the first time on borralaidh but not to be. Tried everything on caladail and not a thing, maybe better if i fished early and late evening for a better chance.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com