Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Waulkmill Fishery?
« on: 01/11/2010 at 09:33 »
Hi folks :cool:

I believe that yesterday was possibly George's last day at Waulkmill Fishery in New Deer, as he was planning to close at the end of October. Perhaps Peter or Jim can confirm? or any other forum members?

Waulkmill is a great little fishery and one of the first in the North East, possibly The First?

I fished there a good few times before my days at Haddo and always thoroughly enjoyed my visits ...... Thanks George :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Jim Eddie

Re: Waulkmill Fishery?
« Reply #1 on: 01/11/2010 at 10:50 »
Mike

I will also miss it , that was George's position last time I spoke, closing at the end of October.

Met a couple of guys from the Frserburgh Angling club at  Fedderate Saturday before last , thet were holding an EGM on the Sunday to decide if they would lease Waulkmill as a club water. If it did go through it would be club members only and would not be open to the public.

:z18

Jim

Graham Ritchie

« Reply #2 on: 01/11/2010 at 12:06 »
George is going to be running it until the end of November and then the Fraserburgh Angling club will take over running the fishery. It will be run on a similar basis to the present, i.e. it will still be open to the general public. The only real difference will be that tickets will have to be purchased prior to starting to fish. The club are at present organising outlets where these will be available and I will let you know once this is finalised.

Jim Eddie

« Reply #3 on: 01/11/2010 at 12:45 »
Thanks for the update, good to hear its still going to be open to the public  :z16

Jim

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 01/11/2010 at 17:24 »
Excellent stuff :z16

I'd like to thank George for some great fishing over the years and I hope he has a grand time on his travels! :cool:

Best wishes
Mike

Dave Mundie

« Reply #5 on: 02/11/2010 at 19:17 »
George is going to be running it until the end of November and then the Fraserburgh Angling club will take over running the fishery. It will be run on a similar basis to the present, i.e. it will still be open to the general public. The only real difference will be that tickets will have to be purchased prior to starting to fish. The club are at present organising outlets where these will be available and I will let you know once this is finalised.

Looking forward to here all the details.

Iain Goolager

« Reply #6 on: 02/11/2010 at 19:30 »
Yes,
good news  :z16

Iain

PDScott

« Reply #7 on: 14/11/2010 at 20:07 »
Any further updates? Has anyone agreed to sell tickets?
Peter

Jim Eddie

« Reply #8 on: 14/11/2010 at 20:11 »
I spoke to George yesterday Peter, he thought that they may be available from a shop in Maud.

Probably best if Graham Ritchie could confirm.

Jim

Graham Ritchie

« Reply #9 on: 17/11/2010 at 20:47 »
The tickets will be available from two outlets, Costcutters in New Pitsligo, who also sell the permits for the Fedderate Dam and from Keystores in Maud. It will cost £10 for a catch and release ticket and £15 for a two fish limit ticket. The tickets will have to be purchased before you start to fish, they will not be available onsite and will be valid from 8am until dusk.
Sorry for the delay in replying, I have had broadband problems.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #10 on: 17/11/2010 at 20:50 »
The tickets will be available from two outlets, Costcutters in New Pitsligo, who also sell the permits for the Fedderate Dam and from Keystores in Maud. It will cost £10 for a catch and release ticket and £15 for a two fish limit ticket. The tickets will have to be purchased before you start to fish, they will not be available onsite and will be valid from 8am until dusk.
Sorry for the delay in replying, I have had broadband problems.

Thanks for keeping us up to date ...... excellent stuff :z16

Cheers
Mike

Broontroot

« Reply #11 on: 29/11/2010 at 15:16 »
What exactly is it that George plans to do in his retirement :z8

Jim Eddie

« Reply #12 on: 29/11/2010 at 16:33 »
Not sure Broontroot , he must be getting on a bit now. I did hear someone say he was going to travel.

Jim

« Reply #13 on: 04/12/2010 at 15:29 »

I think he is going to be visiting family over seas.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com