Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Santa's Sack
« on: 26/12/2009 at 12:28 »
Hi folks :cool:

So ............ What nice new toys did Santa bring you?
He brought me some nice cosy fleeces and a camera bag :z16

Best wishes
Mike

clark

Re: Santa's Sack
« Reply #1 on: 26/12/2009 at 14:04 »
I got one of the fishpond goretech range waistcoats in navy blue  :z16 very nice indeed  :z16

clark

David Davies

« Reply #2 on: 26/12/2009 at 15:27 »
wife bought me a pair of teknos polarised glasses, a nice bit of kit, it will be great when I get back up to haddo in the spring
 :z18
dave :z12

David Davies

« Reply #3 on: 26/12/2009 at 15:32 »
sorry mike forgot
merry christmas and all the best for 2010
thanks for all your help and advice on my visits to haddo last year
 :z16
dave

Jay Scott

« Reply #4 on: 26/12/2009 at 16:36 »

Once in a Blue Moon & TBD Kiwi Camo  :cool:

Jay

Matt Henderson

« Reply #5 on: 26/12/2009 at 17:13 »
A lifejacket for wading in the spring. And Chris Mann's book "The Complete Illustrated Directory of Salmon Flies" and a few pennies so I can buy a rod kit. Happy days!

Iain Goolager

« Reply #6 on: 26/12/2009 at 19:53 »
Trout Bum Volume I complete with wrong region code  :mad :mad 
Trout Bum Volume II complete with correct region code  :z16'
John Tyzacks latest Mayfly DVD  :z16

Iain

Matt Henderson

« Reply #7 on: 26/12/2009 at 20:26 »
Can I just point out mine were so good I had to post them twice (on my blackberry because my parents don't have broadband and I get easily confused!)

Ross

« Reply #8 on: 26/12/2009 at 23:51 »
Trout Bum Volume I complete with wrong region code  :mad :mad 
Trout Bum Volume II complete with correct region code  :z16'
John Tyzacks latest Mayfly DVD  :z16

Iain

You do know you can put most DVD Players into a universal region code ;) Usually 0 if i remember! Google the make of your DVD Player and add Region Hack or something too it :) Voila, you can now watch both no probs

Barry Robertson

« Reply #9 on: 27/12/2009 at 06:16 »
You do know you can put most DVD Players into a universal region code ;) Usually 0 if i remember! Google the make of your DVD Player and add Region Hack or something too it :) Voila, you can now watch both no probs

I have done this to a couple of DVD players also for buying dvds from the states and it works perfect  :wink
If you struggle to find the code for your dvd player Iain, i am home tomorrow and have a list of codes for most models and will find one for you  :z18
I would not pay for it but here is an idea of what i mean
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UNLOCK-CODE-ANY-DVD-PLAYER-MAKE-IT-MULTI-REGION_W0QQitemZ270476835240QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CDsDVDs_DVDs_DVDs_GL?hash=item3ef9acf9a8

Iain Goolager

« Reply #10 on: 27/12/2009 at 08:21 »
Thanks Ladies,

I was so piddled off that I changed the region code on my laptop (which you can do a maximum of five times) and after watching 10 min's grew even more piddled off, ejected it and switched the region back!

On my PC I had 'a way of resolving this issue permanently' but not on my laptop.

maybe I'm an old fart but the decency police shouldn't allow non standard stuff to be sold - would you like to explain to you child that the 'Timmy Time' DVD you bought him for Christmas is watchable it's just that it's in Hebrew but with English subtitles?!
Country's gone to the dogs :z7

TBD Vol 1 - A big thumbs down :mad
Nick Hart Fly Shop - A big thumbs down  :mad

Mr Grumpy!

spencie

« Reply #11 on: 27/12/2009 at 10:21 »
I was so piddled off that I changed the region code on my laptop (which you can do a maximum of five times) and after watching 10 min's grew even more piddled off, ejected it and switched the region back!

On my PC I had 'a way of resolving this issue permanently' but not on my laptop.

maybe I'm an old fart but the decency police shouldn't allow non standard stuff to be sold - would you like to explain to you child that the 'Timmy Time' DVD you bought him for Christmas is watchable it's just that it's in Hebrew but with English subtitles?!
Country's gone to the dogs :z7

TBD Vol 1 - A big thumbs down :mad

If you get a copy of DVD region free for your laptop it will mean you can play any region DVD's at any time without locking the region.

pm me if you want

Stuart

Tam Greenock

« Reply #12 on: 27/12/2009 at 13:17 »
Well l got a great present from my partners daughter, a days fishing at Haddo   :z16

Iain Goolager

« Reply #13 on: 28/12/2009 at 09:11 »
Nice one Tam,

Trout Bum Diaries Vol I issue now resolved - thanks Mr 'you know who you are'  :z16

Iain

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com