Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

DJG1984

Loch Insch?
« on: 07/03/2012 at 00:20 »
Whats the score with Loch Insch these days?  Has anyone fished it recently?

I haven't been for a while and was wondering if any improvements been made. Last time i was there i got the impression that the lochs were not stocked well enough.

Dave.

Liam Stephen

Re: Loch Insch?
« Reply #1 on: 07/03/2012 at 00:28 »
I was last there in October-blanked. Not good at all in my opinion. I remember fishing there regularly in my early days fly fishing with great success on all sorts. Beginners luck? Its not as well maintained as it used to be for sure, not very sure about fish stocks though?  :z16

Liam

DJG1984

« Reply #2 on: 07/03/2012 at 00:43 »
Sounds about right.  I used to fish it a lot but it seems to have gone down hill a fair bit.

I'll be checking out some of the fisheries i've never been to yet which include Lochter, can't believe i've still never been there. I might give Artloch a go been a while since i've fished it to.

Only been fishing twice so far this year with a 4 hr session at Glen of Rothes which i only landed 1 fish and Raemoir where i landed 2 and lost 2.

:z18

Dave.

Liam Stephen

« Reply #3 on: 07/03/2012 at 00:57 »
Lochter is a great wee fishery. When you go, which you must!  :z4 :z4 fish around both the inlet pipes. Never failed to catch around them. Lots of food being wash in means lots of Trout (some very big ones)  :z15

:z16
Liam

DJG1984

« Reply #4 on: 10/03/2012 at 10:29 »
Lochter is a great wee fishery. When you go, which you must!  :z4 :z4 fish around both the inlet pipes. Never failed to catch around them. Lots of food being wash in means lots of Trout (some very big ones)  :z15

Liam

I went to Lochter for 4 hours of c&r, had a bad day in the office and blanked. Still seen enough want to go back, one of the best ran and maintained fisheries i've been to.

Can't wait for the top of the water season to start properly , nothing better than a fish grabbing a fly from the surface.

Dave.

Barry Robertson

« Reply #5 on: 10/03/2012 at 10:47 »
Top of the water surface is here already  :shock
I had a day at kingennie before i came offshore and fished dries for the full shift and had some great sport!
I reckon the likes of menteith will be the same as soon as it opens its doors for the start of the season!
Cant wait to get home for some early season action!  :z18

DJG1984

« Reply #6 on: 10/03/2012 at 11:10 »
Top of the water surface is here already  :shock
I had a day at kingennie before i came offshore and fished dries for the full shift and had some great sport!
I reckon the likes of menteith will be the same as soon as it opens its doors for the start of the season!
Cant wait to get home for some early season action!  :z18

Yeah, fly life is begining to show which is excellent right enough, the sleepy lazy troots are still nae rising in great numbers, not when i've been out anyway.

Heres hoping we get a great season this year.

Dave.

Noel Kelly

« Reply #7 on: 10/03/2012 at 16:56 »
First day wetting my boots in the don today for a bit of casting practice. Can't believe how low it is. Gonna make for a cracking start to the trout season I reckon.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com