Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Eddie Sinclair

Re: Left or right handed rods?
« Reply #15 on: 17/04/2023 at 16:41 »
Terry,

It will be interesting to see how this works out. An 11 foot plus 4 weight sounds great for a loch style boat rod to me.

Cheers,

Eddie

Hamish Young

« Reply #16 on: 17/04/2023 at 18:02 »
Agreed, will be interesting to see how this one pans out Terry - tight lines to you  :!

Terry Coging

« Reply #17 on: 18/04/2023 at 08:10 »
Thanks Eddie and H.
I've always disliked having two rods in a boat especially when your partner has two set ups as well. Bloody nuisance! That was one of the reasons I developed the 15' wafter to give options to dapping.
The concept of changing rod lengths in less time than it takes to change a fly should open up some interesting situations.
The first question I asked myself was 'how will the same line behave on a 9' and 11' - not just the line weight but also the profile? Also, how will the leader and fly set up be configured to work with both rod lengths? I have already been playing with line and leader combinations with the 'Loch system' rod which alternates between a 12' switch and a 14'6" wafter. It is all quite interesting stuff and adds another dimension to a day on the boat  *smiley-grin*
During our fishing lives we spend thousands of hours seeking the perfect flies, when often it is the technique and presentation that needs changing.

James Laraway

« Reply #18 on: 18/04/2023 at 09:47 »
now that i would be interested to see......

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com