Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

wanted: tranquility
« on: 13/11/2007 at 21:07 »
having run my self ragged, i am looking for (next season) for a lodge where my wife my two well behaved springers and my self can escape the strains of life,and fly fish lakes or rivers, please contact if such a place exists.
regards keith

Kev Danby

Re: wanted: tranquility
« Reply #1 on: 14/11/2007 at 08:35 »
Try this place on the west coast

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/19coast/index.html

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #2 on: 14/11/2007 at 08:54 »
Hi Keith

We stayed at a place called Glenshee Lodges at Boat of Garten  last year. It was great we had access to The river Spey for Trout fishing everynight For free as it ran through the farm the lodges are on, challenging but great fishing with some cracking trout.
In the vicinity there is Aviemore with the rothiemurchus estate for some good rainbows and lots of fantastic walks, there is a reindeer sanctuary on the hills where you can go and see the animals and feed them, theres the cairngorms on your doorstep, Steam railways, rspb Osprey reserve, watersports on loch morlich as well as many lochs dotted around for some wild fishing. And thats just the stuff within about 15 mins drive.

It was the best holiday we have had, not to badly priced either for the facilities we had.

If i can find the contact details i'll post them.

Sandy

« Reply #3 on: 14/11/2007 at 19:16 »
hi appreciate the info and will try and look this up, as mentioned if any of the fly forum are looking for Orvis discontinued lines spools etc except for the battenkill large arbor iv which are like hens teeth then let me know.
regards keith

Hamish Young

« Reply #4 on: 14/11/2007 at 19:22 »
..... as mentioned if any of the fly forum are looking for Orvis discontinued lines spools etc except for the battenkill large arbor iv which are like hens teeth then let me know.
regards keith

Except the Wonderline floater  :mad

Back to the topic - where would you like to go on your holiday, any part of Scotland  :?

« Reply #5 on: 14/11/2007 at 19:35 »
hi hamish having been up to the highlands inverness way many a time and having two well behaved springers im looking having some time away say two weeks up in the highlands with the wife and dogs which will include fishing.
regards keith

Jim Eddie

« Reply #6 on: 14/11/2007 at 19:47 »
Keith

This place is worth a look, off the beaten track , but handy for the A9 , you have the river Alness on your doorstep £15 a day for Salmon and Sea -Trout , Alness Angling association has a couple of hill lochs for around the £5 a day mark and there is a stocked loch about a miles walk through the woods.

http://www.ranchchalet.com/en/

:z18

Jim 

« Reply #7 on: 14/11/2007 at 20:43 »
hi jedi/jim thanks for the link i shall have a look now and get back to you.
regards keith

« Reply #8 on: 14/11/2007 at 22:12 »
hi jedi i shall give that a go next season as long as they accept dogs, thanks for the info.
regards keith

« Reply #9 on: 14/11/2007 at 22:35 »
hi this place is worth a look plenty of fishing and other things to do nearby, dogs welcome in 4 of the 5 cottages/houses. Keep a eye on ebay they sell unbooked weeks when they get nearer to the date and tend to be reasonable. there user name is tullochfarm, 

http://www.tullochfarm.co.uk/

andrew

« Reply #10 on: 14/11/2007 at 22:43 »
hi thanks i may have found it at last, i am planning to come up to scotland next season and would like to fly fish around the areas, i will keep in touch on the forum and may be you could give advice where to fish in you beautifull country.
thanks

Jim Eddie

« Reply #11 on: 15/11/2007 at 08:21 »
Keith

Yes dogs are no problem , there are plenty of dogs walking areas on the site. You need to keep them on leads though as it is also a working farm.

Cheers

Jim

Jim Doyle

« Reply #12 on: 15/11/2007 at 10:56 »
Take a look at the thrumster estate site up at Wick, cant recomend it enough.  jim

« Reply #13 on: 15/11/2007 at 11:14 »
I'll second Jims Thrumster Estate.  Fantastic fishing on Yarrows and Hempriggs and a cracking cottage overlooking yarrows to boot.

« Reply #14 on: 15/11/2007 at 20:36 »
hi thanks for the info sorry i dont know the area, is there a web site for the thrumster estate as i would like to view the details thanks for getting back to my message.
regards keith

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com