Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

The Weather
« on: 19/04/2024 at 10:06 »
I don't expect much from the weather in North East Scotland in April - but a few degrees warmer would be nice!

I know I could head down to the river and maybe pick up a fish or two, but would I enjoy it - probably not, that wind is bitter  *smiley-grin*

Fingers crossed for next week .....

Iain Cameron

Re: The Weather
« Reply #1 on: 19/04/2024 at 13:03 »
aye, just so Mike!

I was walking the river banks at lunchtime, with the dogs not the rods, and with blustery winds blowing hailstones into my face, i'm happy to be working this PM rather than fishing - and it's not often I'd say that!

James Laraway

« Reply #2 on: 19/04/2024 at 13:25 »
its lovely up here in Inverness...

Graham Nicol

« Reply #3 on: 20/04/2024 at 08:00 »
Weather is improving down here. I was on the Itchen yesterday and there was a good hatch of medium olives.

Kevin McPherson

« Reply #4 on: 20/04/2024 at 08:54 »
Unfortunately with working away had to take the good with the bad , but I can’t remember having such sustained high water ,  high winds and low temps  for my 3 weeks at home for some time  , hopefully on my return things will have warmed up ☀️

Mike Barrio

« Reply #5 on: 20/04/2024 at 12:29 »
Weather is improving down here. I was on the Itchen yesterday and there was a good hatch of medium olives.
That looks like some great water Graham - enjoy  >)

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com