Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Andy Finlay

4wt Reel Wanted
« on: 05/03/2010 at 11:24 »
I'm looking for a nice 4wt reel with spare spools if possible, not looking to spend more the £50. If anyone has one or has any suggestions for what I could get new then please let me know.

Mike Barrio

Re: 4wt Reel Wanted
« Reply #1 on: 05/03/2010 at 11:35 »
These Leeda fly reels are quite popular and the 5/6 suits a #4 nicely. I'll link through to Glasgow Angling Centre for details, but they stock them in Sloans of Inverurie and probably in other local tackle shops.

For under £50 I guess you are looking for something simple and practical like this?

http://www.fishingmegastore.com/leeda-profil-fly-reel~4177.html

Best wishes
Mike

Andy Finlay

« Reply #2 on: 05/03/2010 at 11:56 »
Cheers mike, thats the sort of thing. I will trust your judgement on the size, it's for a 9' 4wt bloke rod and was thinking I would need a 3/4 reel.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 05/03/2010 at 12:02 »
I would nip in to one of the local tackle shops and have a look, it is listed as a #5/6, but it felt more like a #4/5 to me and I think this reel will probably be fine for the job :wink

Best wishes
Mike

Andy Finlay

« Reply #4 on: 05/03/2010 at 13:02 »
Mike, been to sloan's at lunch time and got one, cheers for the advice :grin. Only needed one as i was at john norriss and picked up a couple of Partridge WF sinkers for £4.99 each.

Oh, Just ordered one of your floaters to add to todays spending as well.

cheers
Andy

Mike Barrio

« Reply #5 on: 05/03/2010 at 13:24 »
Mike, been to sloan's at lunch time and got one, cheers for the advice :grin. Only needed one as i was at john norriss and picked up a couple of Partridge WF sinkers for £4.99 each.

Oh, Just ordered one of your floaters to add to todays spending as well.

cheers
Andy

Great stuff Andy ..... and thanks for the order, it will go out via 1st class mail today :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com