Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Paul Garrigan

River Don day tickets….
« on: 01/05/2024 at 20:15 »
I’m going to be staying near the airport this weekend. Got a party on Saturday night. I’ve got a pass from the mrs to fish a few hours while she gets a spa.
If I buy the ADAA day ticket does that cover the water behind the airport around Dyce? I’ve asked on the form on the website but as yet, I’ve had no reply.
The beat maps are unclear.

Thanks
Paul

Graham Ritchie

Re: River Don day tickets….
« Reply #1 on: 01/05/2024 at 21:09 »
Yes, it does.

Paul Garrigan

« Reply #2 on: 02/05/2024 at 19:57 »
Magic cheers. Any idea where’s the best place to park? 

Appreciate it.
Paul

Iain Cameron

« Reply #3 on: 03/05/2024 at 07:58 »
Hi Paul,
 I’m an ADAA member; here is some info.

For proximity to airport, I’d suggest the Lower Parkhill beat. There’s parking beside the bridge where the A947 crossed the Don, just minutes from the Airport.
See the beat map here: https://www.adaa.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/parkhilllayby.pdf

Circled on the map is the lay bay just beside the road bridge. Parking there gives you great access to walk upstream for the downstream end of Upper Parkhill, and walk downstream to fish Lower Parkhill. It’s all just Parkhill. You’ll have more water to fish than you need for a day.

Hope that helps
Iain

Graham Nicol

« Reply #4 on: 03/05/2024 at 08:03 »
Alternatively you can park up at Dyce cemetery off Pitmedden road or in the car park off Riverside Drive just behind Asda. As mentioned loads of fishing available

Paul Garrigan

Re: River Don day tickets…. New
« Reply #5 on: 05/05/2024 at 19:45 »
Thanks very much lads. Big Thanks to Noel as well who dropped me some great info. I had a cracking few hours. I spent a bit too much time looking for rising fish. Spotted one and messed up my chance. Then switched up to a klink n dink and Js a few. No monsters but a great way to spend a few hours. That’s me back down in Ayrshire but I’ll be back up soon.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com