Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Terry Coging

September on the Lochs?
« on: 27/08/2022 at 08:04 »
Our group are heading up to the Assynt region again in a weeks time - wondering how we will find the Lochs after such a dry spell?
We usually fish Veyattie, Cam, Urigill and Assynt which all fished brilliantly in June. I was also up there last Sept and it was bright and calm and fishing Cam was dour (as James can confirm).
Are water levels reasonable?

Graham Ritchie

Re: September on the Lochs?
« Reply #1 on: 27/08/2022 at 12:59 »
The north west has been the only part of Scotland to have plenty of rain this summer, so water levels should be OK.

Terry Coging

« Reply #2 on: 27/08/2022 at 20:46 »
The north west has been the only part of Scotland to have plenty of rain this summer, so water levels should be OK.

Thankyou Graham. I was hoping that that would be the case. Looking at the Ledmore Estate boat bookings is a bit worrying though - virtually none? No engines available on Urigill and no bookings on Cam or Veyattie - plenty of boats out in Sept last year though. What is going on?

James Laraway

« Reply #3 on: 30/08/2022 at 09:19 »
I wonder if the very warm weather this year has put people off fishing over the summer and so they have moved their trips to Sept hoping for cooler weather ?

I know i havent really been out this year ....

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com