Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Iain Goolager

Initial Go Pro II trial
« on: 18/01/2012 at 19:42 »
Looking forward to finding out what this baby can do in a fishing situation.

Here's my first trial with it.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDDkcT5KeRE&feature=youtu.be

Iain

Mike Barrio

Re: Initial Go Pro II trial
« Reply #1 on: 18/01/2012 at 19:54 »
Excellent ..... loving it :z16

Not sure if you needed to to use the helmet mount for the subsurface shots though Iain :z4

I'm looking forward to seeing what you produce once the season gets underway!

Best wishes
Mike

Iain Goolager

« Reply #2 on: 18/01/2012 at 20:03 »
Not sure if you needed to to use the helmet mount for the subsurface shots though Iain

:z5    :z4 :z4

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #3 on: 18/01/2012 at 22:02 »
Might have to see about getting you a job in our video production department!!...you'll have to get a proper camera though ;)...they are only about £8k..lol

Euan Innes

« Reply #4 on: 18/01/2012 at 22:31 »
Iain,

It does take an external stereo mic and there are loads of them about that would lose the noise.
This lot do some good ones

http://www.solidstatesound.co.uk/

Mount that on yer heed with suitable wind protection and away you go. Just STFU when you are playing a fish or all you'll have is a love track. You know,

"Oh God, oh god..." etc

:wink

The results look good mate, well done  :z16

:z1

Iain Goolager

« Reply #5 on: 18/01/2012 at 22:46 »
It does take an external stereo mic and there are loads of them about that would lose the noise.

I wasn't, originaly, planing to have the waterproof cover off at any stage but I'll bear it in mind for the future as it could be usefull if in certain scenarios.

Just STFU when you are playing a fish

Can't do it bud, I'm a gabbler  :X2

Iain

Ben Dixon

« Reply #6 on: 18/01/2012 at 23:48 »
Pretty cool, I need one.

Ben

adambrain

« Reply #7 on: 19/01/2012 at 15:57 »
Sorry to steer away from the initial item but has anyone ever used or know anything about the polarized glasses with the built in camera? You can get the on a few different sites but Somers in Aberdeen sell a set for aroud 80 odd quid.

Any good ??

Cheers.

Iain Goolager

« Reply #8 on: 19/01/2012 at 21:18 »
Hi Adam,

At the Game Fair, last year?, Somers were showing a fishing video shot with the glasses, why don't you ask them if you can view it. Makes sense before a possible purchase. The other option is to try you tube as long as the footage is from the same spec outfit as I know there are a few similar types on the market.

As I recall the footage was quite good.

Iain

Barry Robertson

« Reply #9 on: 20/01/2012 at 19:08 »
looks like its going to be an expensive month for me now, i need one of those bad boys :z14 Where did you steal it from any links much appreciated :z18

Iain Goolager

« Reply #10 on: 20/01/2012 at 20:38 »
Hi Baz,

Decided against going stateside early on due to taxes, delivery times and possible service issues.

There are 3 main pack options;
Surf
Outdoor?
Motorsport

After much trolling I couldn't find the outdoor edition anywhere for much less than £298 Inc. VAT
I also knew that I would need a chest harness which was best priced at £30 so I assumed that I was talking around the £330 Mark  :z6
Then I saw an advert on Amazon for the motorsports kit at around £260 (the head mount is included in the outdoor kit) so with a £30 chest rig and a £15 head mount there was my £300 made up with the addition of the sucker mount c/w dual articulation which I've a few thoughts for application, free gratis.

Unfortunately I wanted next day delivery so payed twice the price for delivery but the standard delivery wasn't much.

Lot of money but after playing a tail end Salmon last year with the hand held I vowed things had to change.
Iain

Hamish Young

« Reply #11 on: 21/01/2012 at 12:21 »
Very nice Iain  :z13

H :z3

Iain Goolager

« Reply #13 on: 21/01/2012 at 20:46 »
Baz,

You'd need a tripod thread mount if you were going onto a conventional stick as the casing attaches to the various accessories via a close tolerance hinge, 2 lugs on the casing and 3 on the mount/ accessory (or vice versa). These are secured at whatever angle by a bolt c/w PVC finger wheel.

I don't know if the chest or head harnessvwould be the best for the boat ~ either would do, the reason I mention it is that you haven't mentioned it in your last post.

Happy hunting

Iain

Barry Robertson

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com