Forum > Tackle Talk

Braided Loops - R&D

<< < (8/8)

Mike Barrio:
So ....... that's things up and running on the website.
And I will maybe update the how to fit step by step guide when I get chance.
The loops will be a mix of Minicons and my own in house loops for a while until I run out of Minicon stock  :z16
Fly line to leader connections are very much down to personal preferences, so I do my best to offer choices.
(1) For those who prefer to craft their own connections - Barrio lines are supplied without loops.
(2) For those who prefer braided loops - I offer braided fly line loops in the accessories section, both fitted and spares.
(3) For those who prefer welded loops - I offer a custom welded loop service in the accessories section.

Terry Coging:
I gave Mikes sample braided loop a good test this afternoon. It was fitted to a new Smallstream #3 and used on my 15' wafting rod. After much bailing I got the boat out for a couple of hours before being blown and rained off. Luckily, being warm, the fish were fairly high in the water (40' deep) and I boated 7 rainbows between 3 and 6lb. The line was just spot on for the wafter, with 18' out loading it perfectly. My only concern with Mikes loop is that the sleeve is thicker than the Roman Moser and I was worried that the top guide may push it off when landing fish. No problem encountered.

Mike Barrio:
Great stuff Terry  :z16

Certainly not 'warm' in this neck of the woods at the moment!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version