Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Keni River?
« on: 25/05/2008 at 23:35 »
Hi "night crawler"

Cracking photo of the Keni River that you've just put in the gallery :z16

Tell us more about the photo :cool: I can see 5 anglers fishing, one on the far bank and the photographer ..... looks busy?

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Graham Allan

Re: Keni River?
« Reply #1 on: 02/06/2008 at 00:04 »
 :z4 Hi Mike. This is where we camped on our 2nd night in Alaska . About 2 hrs drive from Anchorage we camped at the Russian river campsite ,this was the first place we fished ,The sockeye Salmon should of been running in there thousands but we missed the first run by a week .the keni river has 2 main runs a few weeks apart we missed the 2nd run by a day.Each day in alaska we heard that a shoal of sockeyes 8 miles long 3 miles wide were heading for the river ,the day we left all the radio stations were reporting the fish had started running i think over 20000 went through the counter that day.Nobody was disappointed even without the bread and butter sockeyes we had fishing well above our wildest dreams.The photo was taken about 10 at night so the river was quiet a ,couple of hours before there were 100s of anglers .This was tame compared to when the fish are running thick then it really is combat fishing .The scenery was superb here the other anglers weer all great crack we sat here with a few other stragglers and had a few drams until it was almost dark.then back to the campfire for a fry up more drams then a fantastic sleep .DIDINT EVEN HERE THE BEARS :shock :shock.got an ear bashing in the morning from the warden for leaving food out. :oops Hope I HAVENT DRIVELD ON TO MUCH Graham

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com