Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Friday night fun .....
« on: 27/01/2023 at 19:24 »
As always with my fly tying ..... a bit scruffy  *smiley-grin*

But I'm sure it will be good enough to catch a fish or two.

Eddie Sinclair

Re: Friday night fun .....
« Reply #1 on: 27/01/2023 at 20:00 »
Mike,

That’ll work just fine. I’ve made my 2023 salmon tubes and doubles and my trout river nymphs. Like you I now need to get cracking on dries. The new season on the Don will be here before we know it👍👍

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 27/01/2023 at 23:37 »
Thanks Eddie, that's a #14, I should really practice with #12s before trying these.

Fly tying has never been my forte, I usually play at it for a while and then gradually give up ..... but Sandy's recent pages, and the flies & step by steps that other members have posted on the forum, have given me the enthusiasm to try harder this year  :)

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #3 on: 28/01/2023 at 08:23 »
Mike,

That fly is fine, just make at least 6 of each and regularly and your proportions and material control will improve exponentially, who knows you might enjoy it and keep going. Then you will end up like the rest of us spending way more on materials and hooks than most normal people spend on flies 😂

Mike Barrio

Re: Friday night fun ..... New
« Reply #4 on: 28/01/2023 at 11:17 »
I used to tie hundreds of flies at Haddo Eddie, but those were mostly gold beaded Fritz and Damsels, which is not the same.

Totally agree, I just need to practice and things will fall into place again  :z16

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com