Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Iain Goolager

Re: New purchase
« Reply #15 on: 16/05/2009 at 20:10 »
Rob,
Glad to see that tubing brings such a big smile to your face BUT is that just the light reflecting through a water splash in the second picture or are you fishing with something................else? :oops

Iain

Iain Cameron

« Reply #16 on: 17/05/2009 at 06:00 »
Cheeky sod!!!  :z4

Just so happens I was sitting in the bath checking for leaks yesterday...hmmmm..leaking right on my dangly bits...but half a tube of Aquasure and we will see if I am successful tomorrow!

float-tubing in the bath now... that's keen...

Iain Cameron

« Reply #17 on: 17/05/2009 at 06:06 »
Rob,
Glad to see that tubing brings such a big smile to your face BUT is that just the light reflecting through a water splash in the second picture or are you fishing with something................else? :oops

a float... you can take the angler out of the coarse water, but not the coarse antics  out of the angler... :-) sorry rob, your secret is out..... but if it's successful i might cadge one off you later today...
iain

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #18 on: 17/05/2009 at 20:11 »
Indeed I stuck on an indicator..first time I had used one...it works!!!! Was supprised at how effecive it was...so off it came after a few fish and on with a "Klink n dink" setup.

Next time I will try a Pike Bung  with 3 big lures dangling underneath!! ;)

Gordy66m

« Reply #19 on: 04/06/2009 at 11:42 »
I have an original Sparton tube that I bought from Mike a number of years ago and have also been out in the "Shakey" version. I too have noticed that the "Shakey" does tend to make you slip out. On closer ispection the original version has the seat material wedges stiched in an opposite direction i.e wide portion at the back of the tube rather than at the front, to the "Shakey". Hence the tendancy to slip forward. Also the "Shakey" seems too take much longer and a damn sight harder to blow up, but the valves look the same. Anybody found the same?

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #20 on: 04/06/2009 at 11:45 »
Being a 42 year old asthmatic I thought I would struggle..but nope...no problems at all :)

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com