Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Andy Finlay

ADAA vs Aberdeenshire Ticket
« on: 18/01/2013 at 23:10 »
OK, Having only started fishing 5 years ago and have had an Aberdeenshire roving ticket for the last 3years I was wondering what would be the choice for a ticket this year. I live just ouside aberdeen so dyce is 5 mins away and kintore 10 / inverurie 15mins. I have enjoyed the shire ticket with most of my time split between kintore the first 2 years then inverurie last year. Mainly fish for trout but did spend a bit more time after salmon last year at inverurie with 5 fish from 10ish salmon outings so was pretty happy. Trout was a different story, quality vs quantity.

Im seriously tempted by the ADAA ticket as the fishing is closer to home + Sundays for trout as well but I am also a bit wary. I like the quietness of the shire water and was wondering how busy the ADAA water is around Parkhill / Kintore area. Always happy to meet new / old people but dont want to be fighting to be fishing a streatch of water and have heard it can get quite busy at times. Just wondering what peoples views are as I know a few took up an ADAA ticket last year.

Loxiafan

Re: ADAA vs Aberdeenshire Ticket
« Reply #1 on: 18/01/2013 at 23:43 »
Hi Andy, I have a similar dilema - I joined ADAA 2 years ago and am looking to supplement with either Aberdeenshire Roving or a specific upriver beat !

The ADAA water is really good and as you say Sunday fishing for trout unlike the Cooncil - some Sunday's I have had the beats to myself, but Upper Parkhill/Lower Fintry can be busy when the Rushdies are running (not Sunday's though).

Big disadvantage for you will be that it will (initially) be unfamiliar water, but then again that is also fun too ! As you live in Dyce the Shire beats are close by so that is not a  problem......but if I lived in Dyce you'd have to prise me away from the ADAA beats !

I used to have a shire roving ticket (for a few seasons) in the late 90's early 00's - it was great value, great water but in my opinion for me living in south Aberdeen the ADAA water is stupendous value for money (for me as I fish ALL the time) !

Worth pointing out that ADAA does an an exchage with Inverurie so that beat you'd get as well as left bank for some of Kintore (though not the bit round the Golf Course/Clubhouse).

Good luck with your decision !

Cheers,

Lindsay

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com