Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

darren78

Trout on the don
« on: 19/07/2010 at 23:45 »
About 22:00 nice overcast night just finished raining fly life was abundant good fish rising throughout the pool managed to temp this on a caddisfly. i was fishing the faster flowing water and noticed this fish rise a couple of times in the slack water across from were i was after a few attempts to cover it i managed to sit the fly just right and the fish took, after playing the fish trying my hardest to steer it away from and around the rocks i finally landed it. It measured at 20inches i think around the 3lb mark. All good fun with the 6 weight trout rod    

After five minutes holding it upright in the water it swam away to fight another day    

Noel Kelly

Re: First sea trout on the don
« Reply #1 on: 20/07/2010 at 00:36 »
Nice trout Darren well done. Looks like a brown trout to me  ???

darren78

Re: First sea trout on the don
« Reply #2 on: 20/07/2010 at 01:03 »
Nice trout Darren well done. Looks like a brown trout to me  ???

Is it a brown? i wasn't sure myself i looked through some pictures in the forum and thought the brown trout were darker and had much bigger spots than this, and a couple of photos of sea trout that looked similar to this trout so presumed it was a sea trout. Learn something new every day :oops,,,,,,modify title :wink

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com