Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Fly rod question answered
« on: 24/05/2013 at 19:41 »
While looking for another fly rod just now, I have found the answer to something that was niggling at my mind ..... "Why was it always easier to find my LC903 rod?" :z3
The answer is that I have three of them in the same tubes and bags! ZX3

Cheers
Mike

Euan Innes

Re: Fly rod question answered
« Reply #1 on: 24/05/2013 at 22:47 »
Aye well Mike, it doesn't come itself you know.
Do you find yourself going upstairs and wondering WTF you are doing there?
Can you remember days at school and fishing trips of your youth, but not what you had for your tea last night?

It's a good club to be in Mike. There are some very "exclusive" members, I just can't remember their names..... :z4
If you have three rods the same you have found the solution to the age thing. Just put one in the car, one in the tackle room (cupboard!) and one in the office. Have a reel next to each one (with an SLX on each, of course) and a box of flies and life will become a joy.
Never being without a fishing outfit due to senility MUST be a bonus!  :z7 :z7 :z7 :z7

:z1

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 24/05/2013 at 22:50 »
 :z4  :z4  :z4

Andrew Parker

« Reply #3 on: 25/05/2013 at 21:37 »
Do you find yourself going upstairs and wondering WTF you are doing there?

That's my fitness regime  :X2

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #4 on: 27/05/2013 at 08:01 »
Can add to that list....

Ever spent a week packing all your fishing gear, making sure everything is in working order, boxes of flies tied, last minute orders for lines and nets and so on, driven the 4 hours to get to that exclusive loch, booked into the hotel, carted all your gear to the room so you can check it all over for the 10th time, only to realise that your rods are still on the kitchen table!

...Or...managed to get all your work done, so you sneak away a couple of hours early, pull up alongside the river and jump out the car..set your rod up, see a fish rise on the far bank so quickly slip (aye right) into you waders and....realise you had forgotton to but your boots in the car!

....Or...spend several months organising a very special trip to Lake of Menteith to fish in a very exclusive trial, spend days and days sorting flies, turn up, pay the money, load the boat, get to the middle of the Lake, and realise you don't have a rope for your drogue, and spend the day flying past the other boats on the drift.

Yes Mike, it comes to us all...but it adds a little variety to life.

Mark Zhang

« Reply #5 on: 27/05/2013 at 12:30 »
Went to Lochter a few weeks ago, didn't forget any fishing stuff. Called them early, so an early start for me, 7.30am. When the guy came and asked for payment, and I realised that I left my wallet, my daughter's milk bottle, changing cloths, nappy etc. in the living room.  ??? ??? ??? You can guess the guy's face.......

Iain Goolager

« Reply #6 on: 27/05/2013 at 19:48 »
That's nothing.

I went to the pictures last week to see Iron Man 3, what a fool I felt when a policeman, who must have been watching the film too, turned up and informed me that I'd forgotten my clothes.    :X2.  How I laughed  :z4. Fortunately he gave me a lift to a hotel with lots of small rooms and even phoned my Mum to swing in by with my best suit.
I just wanted some comfy clothes but apparently I had to dress smartly on the Monday when I had to ask  the hotel managers permission to leave.  It restores your faith in common decency.

:z16

723539 Iain

Mike Barrio

« Reply #7 on: 27/05/2013 at 22:50 »
Great stuff :z4

Haven't found any more LC903 yet :z4

Cheers
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com