Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Eddie Sinclair

Re: What did you get from Santa
« Reply #25 on: 10/01/2014 at 22:25 »

Euan,

here it is with the additional jaw sets on the pedestal including the rotary chuck for tubes, sweet no more fannying about with needles.

Eddie. :z16

Mike Barrio

« Reply #26 on: 10/01/2014 at 23:48 »
Looks great Eddie :z16

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #27 on: 11/01/2014 at 00:01 »
Cheers Mike,
still freaking out about the prospect of no trout fishing for a few years but I am sure that I can find some stuff in the sea to throw fluff at to keep me going. Steven seems to be managing in the far east so I suppose his old man will get used to it. At least I will have a nice vice thanks to his mum to keep me going until we come home.

Eddie. :z18

Euan Innes

« Reply #28 on: 11/01/2014 at 12:20 »
Wow!
Now that is pretty. Well played Eddie getting your missus to buy something useful.  :z4

I'm sure it will look lovely in the Middle East churning out Scottish trout flies in preparation for the big return.

:z1

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #29 on: 12/01/2014 at 00:11 »
Euan,

the big return is one thing but the last hurrah  is another. I am not planning to move (no matter what my boss thinks) before some time in May. Lets get as much fishing and as much memories in as we can before I bugger off to the desert.

I already have the spring salmon fishing organised so we need to get the troot fishing for April and May sorted. I can see Durness and Beanie and the other lochs that we need to explore on the way to Beanie being done before I head off.

Eddie. :z16 :z18

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #30 on: 13/01/2014 at 07:50 »
still freaking out about the prospect of no trout fishing for a few years

I hear there are Salmon in the Yemen ;)

Plenty of saltwater oppurtunities for a bit of fly chucking, and there are a few fish in the rivers that will hit a fly, so all is not lost :)

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #31 on: 13/01/2014 at 09:17 »
I hear there are Salmon in the Yemen ;)

Plenty of saltwater oppurtunities for a bit of fly chucking, and there are a few fish in the rivers that will hit a fly, so all is not lost :)

Don't listen to him Dad the fishing will be horrendous, I wouldn't even bother if I were you.  Your time would be far better spent tying flies for me!  :z4

I'll fire through my requirements shortly and if my requests are ignored I will ensure that mother is made aware that her loving gift is not being put to good use....

:z18

Your loving son.

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #32 on: 13/01/2014 at 11:26 »
Steven,

I will be busy making flies for whatever I can find. You never communicate with your mother anyway so I will be fine. :X2

You could even try a novel concept and tie your own, I did teach you a long time ago so you will manage fine. :X2

Dad :z18

Mike Barrio

« Reply #33 on: 13/01/2014 at 17:51 »
Don't listen to him Dad the fishing will be horrendous, I wouldn't even bother if I were you.  Your time would be far better spent tying flies for me!  :z4

I'll fire through my requirements shortly and if my requests are ignored I will ensure that mother is made aware that her loving gift is not being put to good use....

:z18

Your loving son.

:z4  :z4  :z4

Matt Henderson

« Reply #34 on: 22/01/2014 at 21:27 »
Mrs Henderson spotted out squirrel in the garden yesterday. Bit of a conundrum a grey body but quite a gingery head?!? Do they cross breed?

Sadly the 35mm lense was on the camera to take pictures of the bairn and she couldn't get a decent picture of the wee thing.

Cheers

Matt

Noel Kelly

« Reply #35 on: 22/01/2014 at 22:04 »
Hi Matt
Mixed colouring is common in greys. The cant breed with reds.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com