Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

For sale: 1997 'R' registration Honda Civic 1.4i Tornado  - great fishing car  :idea:   :wink:
Being offered here first  :grin:
Tahitian green metallic (turquoise) 3 door hatchback, 2 lady owners from new. My wife’s car for the past 7 years she’s only selling it as she wanted a 5 door car. This car has been utterly reliable in our ownership; nothing serious has ever gone wrong with it. Post warranty servicing has been done regularly at our local garage, the car has wanted for nothing.
This car is quite nippy, the 16 valve 1.4 is economical too and returns around 40 MPG. It handles well and being a Honda is very well thought out inside - huge amount of space for a 3 door hatcback.
I can get all my fishing tackle (including float tube :!:) in there and still have room for more  :cool:
In fairness it’s not all perfect; cosmetically it could do with some TLC. The car has done 134,000 miles so the bodywork has some stone chipping and scratches. Rust is beginning to appear at the back of the rear arches, but it’s not major. There are also a couple of minor parking dings here and there plus a couple of nasty wee scratches on the bonnet.

The last service was done at the end of August last year at 127,500 miles, currently the car is showing around 133,600 miles.
The car comes with MOT and Tax until the end of August.

An aftermarket Sony removable face single CD player is fitted, the original stereo speakers were a bit tinny so they were up-rated - there are no nasty big speakers/holes for speakers cut into the car, all appears standard. Tyres are good all round.
We will both be sorry to see it go, but we don’t need a third car!

Price - 'book' price is about £1,500 but as it will need a wee bit of work the first £1,200 secures it, but we're open to sensible offers once you've seen the car.
Make it £1,200 and I'll include the 9ft #3/4wt outfit I've also got advertised on the forum  :idea:
Tel or email/PM via the forum.

Mike Barrio

For sale: Hona Civic 1.4i 'Tornado' - great fishing car!
« Reply #1 on: 09/04/2007 at 20:33 »
Hamish sent me this photo folks  :idea:

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: 10/04/2007 at 09:24 »
The perfect Neds car!!! They are clambering for cheap Civics to do up and take down the beach. Log onto the Aberdeen Cruz website and it will go in hours!!!

Just dont say its your wifes car..hehe!!

Hamish Young

« Reply #3 on: 10/04/2007 at 09:49 »
Thanks Rob - I may give that a go...... have you a link :?:

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #4 on: 11/04/2007 at 11:43 »
I can't find it  :oops:  maybe its been closed down. I know they were getting bad press...even though they were trying to stop the hassle down the beach and help the cops..the P&J had a go at them.

Hamish Young

« Reply #5 on: 18/04/2007 at 12:06 »
On eBay now....................................  :shock:

Hamish Young

« Reply #6 on: 24/04/2007 at 12:49 »
SOLD :!: :z16

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com