Forum > Social Corner

Troutstream

(1/4) > >>

Mike Barrio:
Sneak Peek   :)

A new fly line for the river - Barrio Troutstream - to be launched over the next couple of weeks.

Grant Montgomery:
Interesting Mike! Any wee clues on what it is taper wise. Is it designed around glass?

I have a new reel (The VR from Kerry) still to spool up with a line to use with my Steffen 4/5, so might hold off. I was going to re-spool a DT5 406 line but don't want to be too hasty ha ha!

Thanks
Grant

Iain Cameron:
that is a tease and a half, mike. Look forward to hearing more about this

Sandy Nelson:
 *smiley-yippee*

Sandy Nelson:

--- Quote from: Grant Montgomery on 02/04/2024 at 12:28 ---Any wee clues on what it is taper wise. Is it designed around glass?

--- End quote ---

Not specifically Grant. I'll let Mike release the details when he is ready, but the general premise was to create a line that would do a similar job on a bigger river like the Don, as the Smallstream does on a smaller river. So quick to load, but staying totally stable as you increase distance. It's all Mike's genius at work, but I've been doing a lot of the testing and the side effect is he has created a line that is just superb on glass rods. It's been brilliant on all the rods I've tried it on. I've actually been fishing with it for the last 4 years as Covid and lockdown kiboshed the original plan. Its awesome that now the production is back to the UK he is finally able to produce it.
I may have had a hand in the colour choice  *smiley-wink*

Sandy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version