Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Richard Tong

Lathkill Tackle
« on: 07/03/2012 at 17:39 »
I used to order all (or a lot) of my flytying gear from here when it was owned by Phil White who then sold up ages ago and it moved to Halifax under a new owner. The stock and service went downhill in my opinion and I get my stuff elsewhere now.

However I saw somewhere on the forum that someone said service was great and that the new owner was a top bloke so filed that one away. I happened to be in Halifax on business this morning and popped in to the shop and met Chris. He is a top bloke and his stock of hooks was the most extensive I have seen in my puff, bar none! The materials he carries is a huge range and we had a good chat. He has been running the business for 4 years ands now gets very little time to fish but realised that when taking over the running of the shop.

Anyway am going to have a look at his website but I am sure he will be getting more orders from moiso whoever it was who mentioned about Lathkill, thanks very much!

Richard

Rob Brownfield

Re: Lathkill Tackle
« Reply #1 on: 07/03/2012 at 19:11 »
I used to use Lathkill for all my rod building stuff...but stopped a whie back after every order came back "not in stock"

Might have to give them a second chance.

Thanks for the heads up!

Loxiafan

Re: Lathkill Tackle
« Reply #2 on: 07/03/2012 at 21:03 »
Hi Richard,

Might have been me that mentioned Lathkill's excellent service on here ?

Chris is a top bloke, absolutely dead gen and the service is first rate - always with you the next day and he doesn't charge as much as some for postage ! I buy 90% of my hooks from him for the reasons you give. Best range of flytying materials in the UK IMO and the stock levels are 'live' and clearly shown.

Cheers,

Lindsay

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com